Manxter Side Curtains`

The Manxter 2+2 & Dual Sport. Created as an answer to the limitations of the classic Meyers Manx.
73SpeedBuggy

Manxter Side Curtains`

Post by 73SpeedBuggy »

Does anyone have a number of good photos showing how Bruce's side curtains attach? 
jsturtlebuggy

Manxter Side Curtains`

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

Adam,
Are you wanting to see how the back part fits, the doors, or all the pieces together?
There are aluminum channels for the back part to slip in and snaps on the back of it, plus adjustable straps to hold it in place.
Door use same type of aluminum channel with rubber piece as a hinge. They are held in place with strap that snaps on bottom and a strap wrapped around the cage.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Having fun with Buggies since 1970
Worked in VWs in shops since 1970
73SpeedBuggy

Manxter Side Curtains`

Post by 73SpeedBuggy »

jsturtlebuggy wrote:Adam,
Are you wanting to see how the back part fits, the doors, or all the pieces together?
There are aluminum channels for the back part to slip in and snaps on the back of it, plus adjustable straps to hold it in place.
Door use same type of aluminum channel with rubber piece as a hinge. They are held in place with strap that snaps on bottom and a strap wrapped around the cage.
I would mostly like to see what these channels look like when the curtains are NOT installed. YOu mention snaps, do you have to screw snaps to the fiberglass?.
jsturtlebuggy

Manxter Side Curtains`

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

I will try and find or take some pictures showing the channels in the next couple of days.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
73SpeedBuggy

Manxter Side Curtains`

Post by 73SpeedBuggy »

Great, thanks Joseph.
jsturtlebuggy

Manxter Side Curtains`

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Here is a few pictures showing the side curtains, doors and the mounting hardware. 
The last picture of black bag is a Gown Protector garment bag I found at Target to hold side curtains and doors.  60"x24"x3"  
I did have to change my mirrors.  I was using B&K mirrors that I had made mounts off the top pivot bolts.  With the doors on I could only see about 1/3 mirrors.  I tried the mirrors that came in the kit and they were not any better for me.  I had seen the motorcycle mirrors on Bob Hunters Manxter and thought about them.  Off to the motorcycle breakers yard to see what I could find.  Found a couple of good used factory original motorcycle mirrors a whole lot cheaper than new ones.  A little sanding of the road rash, bondo and some paint and they look great to me.  I can see the whole mirrors with the doors on now.
One thing I did find that with the curtains and doors on, you know if there is any air leaking through the dash. 
Last edited by jsturtlebuggy on Thu May 30, 2013 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
73SpeedBuggy

Manxter Side Curtains`

Post by 73SpeedBuggy »

These are great pics Joseph, thank you.
jsturtlebuggy

Manxter Side Curtains`

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

I forgot to add that the snaps holding the back part in place come with the side curtains. They use pop rivets to hold in place. I added a snap at each front corner of rear part of curtains. Even with it wrapping around the tubing it did not want to set flat. Looked like it would be a place air would leak through before the snap was in place.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
andygere

Re: Manxter Side Curtains`

Post by andygere »

Has anybody tried powder coating the aluminum channel to a color matching the body to help them disappear with the top is not on?
jsturtlebuggy

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

The ones on Bruce's yellow Manxter are black in color. I sure you could have them powered coated in any color you would want to do. The channel is larger then the rubber strips on side curtains and doors that fit into the channel. It leaves plenty of room for them to be coated.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
andygere

Post by andygere »

I don't see these listed on the Meyers Manx website anymore, does anyone know if the side curtain kits are still available?
andygere

Post by andygere »

Any news on Manxter side curtains? Winter is coming and I want to keep driving my buggy! Any intel would be greatly appreciated.
Chicago Joe

Post by Chicago Joe »

For complete on all Meyers Manx, Inc. products call:

Meyers Manx
760-749-6321

This is the only way I know to get the latest accurate information on their product line.
Joe Spittler - 1118
andygere

Post by andygere »

Good advice Joe, thanks.
andygere

Post by andygere »

I contacted Meyers Manx and was told that the side curtain kit is currently not available because their supplier is no longer making them. Meyers Manx is currently looking for a new supplier and/or an improved design.

This is a real disappointment since the curtain kit looked like it was nicely made, and obviously custom for the car.