Not exactly a great start...

Share with others how to make your Tow'd a prince.
hillmotorsports

Not exactly a great start...

Post by hillmotorsports »

We bought a Tow'd for Christmas 2014... thought with a bit of work we could have it ready for spring.
We hadn't figured on the transport truck catching fire during delivery...

So, now we have a bit more work to do...

New body is ordered from Meyers, will pick it up at Easter. Somehow spring finishing may be a tad optimistic?

Paul
Rosemarie and Paul Hill
Morrisburg, Ontario
Canada
613 330 4862
Member #4502
langan

Re: Not exactly a great start...

Post by langan »

The pictures you posted would stop most builds. But your insperation picks you sent are awsome Hope you do build it..Jim
Oz-Towdster

Post by Oz-Towdster »

I hope the transport company is paying up for all this , as it was obviosly in there care at the time of the incident
hillmotorsports

Post by hillmotorsports »

The trucker's ins carrier was truly great to deal with, we had their check in hand in 3 weeks, plus we kept the salvage. Tough to argue with that.
And the broker that we used arranged another truck to pick up the salvage and deliver it, all at the original quotation.

So now the "remains" are at a buddy's place in Binghamton NY while we sort some title issues that are presently preventing importation to Canada. I have a
feeling he is even more keen than we are...

The motor is on the bench, it would not turn, thought it was seized. Turns out it was due to ice from the water used by the firefighters! Warmed up, ice melted, turns fine! That's most reassuring as when we bought it the prvious owner said he had never had it running, needed points and a battery. Okkkkkkk...have heard those stories before!

Seems some previous owner spent some serious change on the motor: heads are upgraded, double valve springs, 87 mm jugs. I'm waiting for further updates
from my buddy's bug expert friend. Man is it tough to be 4 hr away and have to get info 3rd hand!

Why do I think we are going to need more time than originally thought to get this on the road????

Ultimately this is where we would like to end up, more road hugger Tow'd than rock climber!

Paul
Rosemarie and Paul Hill
Morrisburg, Ontario
Canada
613 330 4862
Member #4502
PowersBuggies

Post by PowersBuggies »

Can't wait to see your build on this!
Craig and Rebecca
Manx Club #3634
66 Manx/68 Towd - His
67 Tow'd/67 Manx - Hers
67 Dune Buggy - Our Build
69 Empi Imp - Korinne

2016 Goals: Rebecca - Joining the ranks of the Iron Buggy and Long Haul League

***ACCOMPLISHED!***
2015 GOAL: MOTB 2015 HERE WE COME! - With the Tow'd and the Manx!