My Tow-d pics

Share with others how to make your Tow'd a prince.
pottercountypuddlejumper

My Tow-d pics

Post by pottercountypuddlejumper »

So, I braved the snow and wind to get some pics of my Tow'd  project for you guys that were asking.  VIC
http://pottercountypuddlejumper.u.yuku.com/album/view/aid/78526
jsturtlebuggy

My Tow-d pics

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

You can keep the white stuff. I like looking at it from a distance.
Nice Tow'd.  Just needs some tender loving care and will be back on the road in no time.
Interesting front fenders. Also the front wheels are reverse from the way they mount stock.
A 36hp 1200cc engine. That what we first had in buggy my dad built in 1970, then we got a 1500cc engine. Back then it was not cheap to build bigger than a 1600cc engine.
Last edited by jsturtlebuggy on Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Having fun with Buggies since 1970
Worked in VWs in shops since 1970
pottercountypuddlejumper

My Tow-d pics

jsturtlebuggy wrote:You can keep the white stuff. I like looking at it from a distance.
Nice Tow'd.  Just needs some tender loving care and will be back on the road in no time.
Interesting front fenders. Also the front wheels are reverse from the way they mount stock.
A 36hp 1200cc engine. That what we first had in buggy my dad built in 1970, then we got a 1500cc engine. Back then it was not cheap to build bigger than a 1600cc engine.
  Funny thing about the fenders. The Tow'd has set under some quaking aspen trees for some time now and tree lichen has taken a hold on the handmade fiberglass mat fenders and they seem to be alive! Maybe a new trend!  Ha... I need to find some Tow'd fenders for the rebuild because I know Pa. will require them.
louisb

My Tow-d pics

Post by louisb »

Chiatowd? It looks like it will be a fun project. Keep us posted on your progress.

--louis
pottercountypuddlejumper

My Tow-d pics

[b]louisb[/b] wrote:Chiatowd? It looks like it will be a fun project. Keep us posted on your progress.

--louis

Thanks Louis, I'm not ready to start yet. Gotta finish my workshop project first so I have a good place to tear it down. Then get going on the Tow'd. But I am starting to get an education on VW's and buggies. Thanks for writing and the encouragement.  VIC