New to buggies

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
THP 1

New to buggies

Post by THP 1 »

Can someone help me out with what I have here. Wife found it for a new project.It has a vin tag under the dash just haven't got under there yet to read it. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Tom-Kathleen

Re: New to buggies

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Looks like an El Lobo http://www.dunebuggyarchives.com/decisi ... d/?first=e. Welcome to the madness! Tom
THP 1

Post by THP 1 »

Awesom. Thanks for the help. Now time to research this. I know the serial number tag on it is stamped 1177. Still trying to save the rest so I can read it.

5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

Welcome! You will have many hours of great fun with it (and a couple of skinned knuckles along the way I'm sure :wink: ). It can be daunting to try and get it perfect right out of the gate so the first thing is to just get it running so you can use it and have fun. Then you can work on it a little at a time after that, and still have it running to go play whenever you want to get out. Any plans for it yet? On-road/off-road? Did it come with a motor? Do you have any background in air-cooled VW's etc... Where are you out of?
THP 1

Post by THP 1 »

Did not come with a motor. Yes I'm very experienced in VW motors. Its gonna be a street buggy.

5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

We'd all love it if you documented your build in a new thread so we can all watch the progress and live vicariously through your experiences. Every buggy is unique to it's owner, and we look forward to any new and unusual solutions you might have up your sleeve. :D