Need help finding a restoration guy in Georgia

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
Chadwick64

Need help finding a restoration guy in Georgia

Post by Chadwick64 »

i'm a new Manx Dune Buggy owner... i live in Carrollton, GA and i need some help finding a guy who can restore my 1964 Manx VW Dune Buggy... any suggestions? i would like to take it to someone located in the southeast... preferably in the Northwest Georgia area. Any help to get me headed in the right direction and started with my restoration would be great :?:
5150bossman

Re: Need help finding a restoration guy in Georgia

Post by 5150bossman »

Welcome to the asylum! :crazy: :shifty:

While I can't offer any suggestions to you immediate question (we are on the West Coast), have you thought about doing as much of the work as you can yourself to get it running? With a little time, inclination, and the help of the internet along with a couple of VW books that are still readily available, you can surprise yourself as to how much you can get done on your own. I knew nothing about VW's when we started, but over the last 20 years have been able to do a majority of the work myself with all the resources that are out there. I prefer the Haynes VW Beetle & Karmann Ghia 1954 thru 1979 repair manual. Others prefer How to Keep your Volkswagen Alive... for the Complete Idiot. There are many parts houses on the internet that cater to older VW parts too (CIP1, Airhead Parts etc.). Either way, you can at least get started and get it on the road until you find someone that can do the more difficult work. Post some pictures when you get a chance. We would love to see you baby!