What are the chances

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
Gene-C

What are the chances

Post by Gene-C »

I decided to take an early morning drive to break in my new parts as well as check out the Vw's at Kelly park in San Jose today
I always forget the exit off the freeway but it is usually easy to find by following all the other Vw's on the highway.
Which usually works except for this morning I think I was just a tad too early and I did not see any until in the distance I see what looks like a dunebuggy. As I got closer sure enough it was Tom Baker in his original Manx, We yak'd a little over the engine noise and proceeded on, still the only two Vw's not to mention buggys on the road. We reach the turn off and as we get off we come upon
Rick from Stockton in his Manx. All the time the only cars on the road and what are the chances to have 3 Manx's in a row  like that
The show was good  and the only buggy's there were Manx's. Wayne arrived a little later in his first time on the road "SS
"really nice.
They showed well and placed second and third with old sqeaking by the new
Good time had by all

manxdavid

What are the chances

Post by manxdavid »

"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
Montana-Manx

What are the chances

Post by Montana-Manx »

Nice. 
YumaManx

What are the chances

Post by YumaManx »

It was a pleasure meeting you Gene.  We couldn't have timed that any better had we even planned it. I had a great time with Tom and Wayne. Tom's green Manx took 2nd in the class and Wayne's SS took 3rd.