Trying to locate my original 1967 Fuchsia Manx

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
ncsu05wuff

Trying to locate my original 1967 Fuchsia Manx

Post by ncsu05wuff »

I built a new fuchsia metalflake Manx on a 1967 pan in the summer/fall of 1968. 1500cc stock 1967 engine with white extractor exhaust, had a white hardtop with side curtains. Chrome headlights, tailights and license plate light. Centered a flip up filler in the middle of the hood. Had Karmann Ghia turn signals on the front and a chrome bumper. The body kit was purchased from T. Hoff, Inc. in Raleigh, NC and shipped direct to my home in Winston-Salem, NC. The most distinctive part is that it had a special North Carolina registration number riveted to the body above (or below) the Manx serial number plate. Can anyone help me locate this Manx or give me information on it? Like an idiot I traded this buggy in 1969/70 to a buyer in NC. Sorry, I have no record of the body serial number. Click the album button below for pictures.

I currently have a Signature Series body (#89, also in Fuchsia metalflake) that I am attempting to recreate my original Manx.

If you know of this buggy I would like to hear from you. If you would like to comment or discuss, feel free to do so.

Thanks

Gordon Eriksen
Last edited by ncsu05wuff on Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lastmanx

Re: Trying to locate my original 1967 Fuchsia Manx

Post by lastmanx »

Sorry Gordon I can't help with your old buggy, but your signature series buggy #87 should not be in question. The id tag will list it as 87/100. also it will have a stainless steel roll bar and front bumper. most importantly it will have the Bruce Meyers plaque on the rear. it will look like this 4356 and . as far as I know no fake copies exist of this emblem. when I got mine Bruce assured me the emblem would not ever detach. if you don't have the emblem you don't have a signature series. good luck on finding your first buggy.4315
ncsu05wuff

Post by ncsu05wuff »

Thanx for the reply, Lastmax. There is no question on my Signature Series Manx. Bruce and his wife delivered it to me personally. It is number 89. The question/request for help was all on the original one I built in 67/68.
Thanx again.
Last edited by ncsu05wuff on Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lastmanx

Post by lastmanx »

Sorry, I thought you were questioning the authenticity of the ss Manx. I can't believe you don't remember the number, since its the only limited edition Manx series ever. :shock: :lol: . have a good day, you will find it.
mr930

Post by mr930 »

How about that. I own no 88.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ncsu05wuff

Post by ncsu05wuff »

Congratulations, mr930. The Signature Series was an answer to a prayer for me. It allowed me to recreate my first car. A car that I always regretted selling shortly after I sold it.