Racepoint ORV beach reopens April 15 2020

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
lastmanx

Racepoint ORV beach reopens April 15 2020

Post by lastmanx »

Is anybody interested in joining with me to drive the Cape cod National Seashore Over sand route around the 15th of April 2020? THIS IS NOT A MANXCUB EVENT. It is just the closest drivable beach to me. All Buggies will have to meet all permit regulations! Which can be found on their website. They take this stuff very seriously. No Newbies to real soft sand off-roading. They take this stuff too seriously. You can expect the weather conditions to be possibly cold, warm, dry, rainy, sunny, light brief snow. I recommend a weather proof top. The permit regulations require a full size spare tire, among other necessary equipment. The sand conditions could be challenging, which is why it is considered a 4x4 area. I plan to spend a weekend in town. Get permit and drive beach Saturday, go home Sunday. The visit is to get a permit and have a short drive, that's all. The motel will be in town. Provincetown, Ma an expensive summer tourist town out of season with most everything closed. All plans are subject to change: as I haven't planned anything yet. The beach could be non-drivable or even closed. There could be feet of snow on the ground. It opens the 15th of April if possible to drive. The federal rangers make the call. I am just trying to get an idea if there is interest in this type of buggy fun for others, rather than just myself for the last 23yrs. Please read and understand the permit rules, and requirements before responding.
lastmanx

Re: Racepoint ORV beach reopens April 15 2020

Post by lastmanx »

THIS PROPOSED EVENT IS CANCELLED. Due to lack of interest and permit rule changes banning all 2 wheel drive vehicles from obtaining permits. You should have been there 30 years ago. Oh well what are you gonna do.
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

They BANNED two wheel drive vehicles on the beach? :evil: A 2-wheel drive "Dune Buggy" drives on the sand BETTER than most 4-wheel drive vehicles ever could. Has anyone obtained an exact copy of the new rules? Is anyone there fighting the rule changes?

We have a similar issue on the left coast where the California Coastal Commission is trying very hard to close Pismo Beach (Oceano Dunes SVRA) to all vehicles and the State Parks Department is just rolling over to the CCC's demands. It's been death by a thousand cuts, one rule here, closure of a small section there, etc... We have several groups fighting them wherever we can.

No matter which coast you are on, everyone needs to get involved and save these irreplaceable off-road resources because once they are gone, it will be almost impossible to get back!
lastmanx

Post by lastmanx »

5150 bossman, My post has proven to me local buggy owners are not interested in driving this beach. The current permit rules are on their website. The cape cod national seashore. They call it osv (over sand vehicles). Sorry but the rule change allowing only 4 wheel drive vehicles was passed back in 2001. Yes like on your coast they are trying to close us out. The area is basically closed to drivers June, July, and August, due to endangered bird nesting. 2 years ago nature washed away 1/2 of the drivable sand area. This applies to 4 wheel drive vehicles. A pm is being sent to you as this is a sensitive issue for me.