Locked ?

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
lastmanx

Locked ?

Post by lastmanx »

yes locked subject closed.
get real, the Manx club is simply a hobby club for fun. an earlier accounting showed how membership dues were allotted. lets face it; this stupid spat is the most action this site has seen in a year. all the action is on the facebook site. its there because that is what is popular as a smart attempt to gain new dues paying members. that is good. i'm on the right coast, and understand most of my dues go towards the newsletter. I don't attend any of the left coast events; but I know my dues aren't funding those events. this club was not intended to be a profit making venture. sometimes absolute power corrupts people. locking the subject raises suspicion. ( as an example locally at the patriot place mall on alternating Thursdays the "mass crusiers" car club hosts a large cruise nite of 2,000 cars or more. for years they have a 50/50 raffle of around a $1,000 pot. unfortunately I discovered from a trusted former member they would regularly skim money off the top so the club members could go out for dinner and drinks after. he quit due to that and fear of his business being sued as the crowds were poorly managed and bad behaver growing. through the grapevine others also discovered this. this year the 50/50 pot is around $300.00. but unannounced they started asking for a food can donation to enter your car. most drivers caught by surprise gave cash. I brought a can the next event and it was added to the pile of about 20 other cans in the pile. most drivers still gave cash; as the can donation was and still is not listed on any of their flyers or their website. curious?.) just an example of reality. I am not implying any thing like that happens here. but it does go on elsewhere. so some get skeptical. all I am saying is give peace a chance and have some fun with your silly dune buggy car. I will.
rzeller

Re: Locked ?

Post by rzeller »

lastmanx wrote:yes locked subject closed.
get real, the Manx club is simply a hobby club for fun. an earlier accounting showed how membership dues were allotted. lets face it; this stupid spat is the most action this site has seen in a year. all the action is on the facebook site. its there because that is what is popular as a smart attempt to gain new dues paying members. that is good. i'm on the right coast, and understand most of my dues go towards the newsletter. I don't attend any of the left coast events; but I know my dues aren't funding those events. this club was not intended to be a profit making venture. sometimes absolute power corrupts people. locking the subject raises suspicion. .....
just an example of reality. I am not implying any thing like that happens here. but it does go on elsewhere. so some get skeptical. all I am saying is give peace a chance and have some fun with your silly dune buggy car. I will.
Larry (it is Larry correct?),

You hit on a very important aspect of the club that a few have forgotten or missed. It is a hobby club for the enjoyment of the members. Unfortunately there are some who will always disagree with the way a club is run and as such feel like it's a personal affront to them if it doesn't fit their idea of "correct". With anything there are ways to constructively influence change, bring improvement, etc. and that is by becoming involved. Each year the club has an election for membership on the board of directors, which is one way to help and be constructive. Another way is to volunteer to help run club events. Again, involvement. Each of the current board members and those that are currently running for the up-coming open positions have taken that/this step. It is a voluntary move and as we've seen, can sometimes be a target of someone's personal agenda or vendetta.

In trying to keep this forum and the club's FaceBook page civil, there are times the moderators are going to step in and "lock" or "delete" posts/threads. In taking the position of Moderator very seriously, it sometimes becomes necessary to protect the image and brand of the Manx Club of real (or even perceived) damage done by someone who is intent on causing harm. What the membership usually never becomes aware of is the behind-the-scenes communication sent to the board or specific board members with vulgar, demeaning, and personal comments and/or verbal attacks. This is another reason to "lock" or "delete" threads to avoid having the inappropriate/damaging private messaging from becoming public.

As the club has grown over the last 3-4 years, it has become a primary goal and intent for the board to demonstrate transparency to the membership. There are those who will always disagree whether the board is achieving this goal, but it is evident in the posting of the meeting minutes and the club's financials or membership dues breakdown.

Thank you for being a voice in the membership.
Bud
Bud Zeller
Wilmington, NC
Manx Club Member Since 2004 - #2475
Member of the Manx Club's Long Haul League - 2015
2018 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
2022 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #3347 - Bad News Racing & ACME Companies
2023 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
'68 Meyers Manx - M1996F826S
'66 VW Kombi Bus
'73 VW Thing
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

Locking the thread raises suspicion? When responses start to get petty like they were, yes, the thread should be locked. That's the moderator's job. Everyone take a step back and breath a bit.
lastmanx

Post by lastmanx »

manxdavid, this is just the end of some of the old debate about the sites. like I said subjects remain forever here, so if you want to delve into the past you can. visiting members buggy builds are more entertaining than the politics on the keeping of the site. take note of the dates on posts, as you will see a lot of really nice buggys were built with very interesting special features long ago. hang in there this history should remain. hope this helps.
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

lastmanx wrote:manxdavid, this is just the end of some of the old debate about the sites. like I said subjects remain forever here, so if you want to delve into the past you can. visiting members buggy builds are more entertaining than the politics on the keeping of the site. take note of the dates on posts, as you will see a lot of really nice buggys were built with very interesting special features long ago. hang in there this history should remain. hope this helps.

???

What did I say?

I asked on a different thread to this about access not to this but to Meyers Manx's official forum. I've never had issues getting on here, I've been a member here and on the previous now defunct forum since the beginning. I know how it works thank you.

I really don't know what you're getting at.