Manx Mania Summer 17

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
paige

Manx Mania Summer 17

Post by paige »

Hi All,
There is a mistake in the most recent Manx Mania. The Manxter T-Shirt is advertised as $18.00; however, the actual price is $20.00. We will do our best to notify members so there is not any confusion.
Thanks for your patronage,
Meyers Manx
Sparkster

Re: Manx Mania Summer 17

Post by Sparkster »

In the story "How I met Bruce Meyers and how the first event came to the East Coast" there is some missing dialog in the fifth paragraph that talks about the "contraption that Bruce designed and built to load the Kick-Out buggy and the Kick-Out SS body in the"... . What is the rest of that sentence and is there some more after that?

Also the next paragraph that starts with "up on his offer and could not make a trip to California." is missing some dialog there too. How does that paragraph start?

Regardless, I thoroughly enjoyed all the articles in this issue and look forward to each new magazine. Thanks to all who put the effort into making it a great read.
surfnc

Re: Manx Mania Summer 17

Post by surfnc »

Sparkster, thanks for the kind words.

Here is the missing text:

"bed of their Dodge pick up. I knew I had to see that and waited around until the end of the show so I could. Bruce removed the wider front tires, put on some narrow stock ones and just drove it up the ramp into the bed. I was so impressed and taken with Bruce & Winnie that I knew I wanted to see them again. Bruce invited me to come visit and stay in the loft (thereby becoming a "loftier person"). Being self-employed at the time, I was unable to take him"

Vince