Stupid Question #11,250

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
mykee50

Stupid Question #11,250

Post by mykee50 »

Hello, I'm looking at buying a genuine Manx. I've been looking locally and nationwide. Its a learning process I'm finding out. I have a stupid question (again). Where do you look for the Meyers ID tag on the body? And if they say its a Manx but it doesn't have a tag, can it still be a Manx?

Thanks for any help, Mike

(And Eric, that stock green Manx in CA is sold as of a couple of days ago, Thanks again for the link though... The search goes on...)
VW Aircooled Society

Re: Stupid Question #11,250

Post by VW Aircooled Society »

When i stumbled upon mine i knew nothing as to what to look for until a friend came over the house and told me about a tube channel on the left side of the body where the wires run through which is indicative of a manx and mine has it. Also there is a tag that is on the right side front close to the Napoleon hat and mine has that too but its worn that i cannot make out the digits... I will take care of that when it is restored in the next couple of weeks.

This is how i found her under a palm tree covered in a tarp for close to 5 years.. it had about 8 gallons of water in the fuel tank and in the motor itself as well

Here is after i gave her a bath.
Products Manager @ VW Aircooled Society
Innovative Products: http://www.VWAircooledSociety.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
'64 Manx Classic Dune Buggy
'67 Split Window Bus
'66 Maserati Blue Oceano Bug
'69 Bay Window Weekender Bus
lastmanx

Post by lastmanx »

try the manx store
Chicago Joe

Post by Chicago Joe »

The only place that I know of that can give you the correct answer to the question is Meyers Manx, Inc.
Complete information is located at http://www.meyersmanx.com/realmanx.shtml, yes there is a fee for the verification service.

Joe

PS: They also sell Manx buggys
enesset

Post by enesset »

The tag is between the two well-pockets on the vertical rise that leads to the "parcel shelf" in the "rear seat area".

From the drivers seat take your right hand move behind the parking brake touch the vertical rise and it should be there.
VW Aircooled Society

Post by VW Aircooled Society »

enesset wrote:The tag is between the two well-pockets on the vertical rise that leads to the "parcel shelf" in the "rear seat area".

From the drivers seat take your right hand move behind the parking brake touch the vertical rise and it should be there.
Can you be a bit more visual by posting a pic to have a better idea ?
Products Manager @ VW Aircooled Society
Innovative Products: http://www.VWAircooledSociety.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
'64 Manx Classic Dune Buggy
'67 Split Window Bus
'66 Maserati Blue Oceano Bug
'69 Bay Window Weekender Bus