Insurance for my buggy

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
Momboy007

Insurance for my buggy

Post by Momboy007 »

Hello All,
I just have a quick question for all of you, I am trying to get insurance for my buggy, but, what a hassle, most insurance companies want pictures and then they say it is high risk and want $800 Annually to insure a 5K buggy.
What am I missing, my dirt bike is much cheaper than that??????
Please share any advice you can give me

Rick
jhkinca

Re: Insurance for my buggy

Post by jhkinca »

We also just bought a buggy; when I called my agent (State Farm) after some pictures and a few days the price was $48/month for full coverage. A bit high for a vehicle that only gets occasionall use. I then tried Haggerty and they only insure authenticated Meyers Manx buggies and the price was only $219 year. After sending multiple pics, authentication documents, and almost a week of jumping though hoops I was declined. Haggerty said since I would be attending club events that would include off-road driving they won't cover the buggy. Haggerty will only cover for cars shows and minor street driving; they used the term trailer queen. So, long story longer, I'm with State Farm. Anxious to see what others are doing for coverage.
John & Sonya Kieslich
lastmanx

Post by lastmanx »

:problem:
Last edited by lastmanx on Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GotManx

Post by GotManx »

I have my buggies insured through Auto Club. I have a $8,000 value on the Classic Manx for $181/year and the Manxter is actual cash value for $263/year. When getting insured, I took both cars to their office for inspection and pictures. Not really a big deal. I'm not totally sure about the off road coverage though.