Happy 90th Birthday Bruce

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
manxvair

Post by manxvair »

Happy 90th Birthday Bruce, as a kid growing up I watched my dad build your buggies, I spent my youth in the deserts, dunes, and on the streets riding in a Tangerine Red Meyers Manx. We all can't thank you enough for all the joy, happiness and friendships your little car has inspired! Thank you to Winnie, the guiding force that keeps those creative thoughts and ideas channeled in the right direction.
Happy Happy 90th Birthday!

With our deepest love!
Lori Ann & Mike Dario
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
Manxter Dual Sport #30 Baja Edition #2 (Ours)
Resorter #19-Fuscia(under construction)
marklandon

Post by marklandon »

Hope your birthday is a great one thanks for all your in site and wisdom and Winnie thanks just like Mike said your both great. As I herd a wise man say MORE SMILES PER MILE

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkImage
joescoolcustoms

Re: Happy 90th Birthday Bruce

Post by joescoolcustoms »

Happy Birthday Bruce!

I first met Bruce Meyers at MOTB '12. I had known who Bruce Meyers was for many years prior, but never heard him talk about life, business and buggy's before that date.

I have never worshipped or followed any celebrities except for my parents. I do not worship Bruce, but hold him in high regard. What is so cool about Bruce, if you have never met him or had the chance to talk to him, is his is just another cool guy. No pretense, no over inflated ego, just another craftsman who is creative, dreams of ideas, messy in his shop when he works, lives modestly, talks to anyone, approachable, laughs with involvement and is cool guy yo hang around with.

Life is not always fair, but it is there if you want to live it. One of the things about Bruce that has affected me, is how many times he has been "hit" with life, and got right back up and proceeded to live, with grace. If I can look back and say the same thing when I am a senior, I will have accomplished a great thing in life.

I wish for Bruce many more years, and many more friends!

Joe Wheeler
Saint Albans, WV
rich.roy.9

Post by rich.roy.9 »

Happy birthday bruce . Probably the nicest person i have ever met . Thanx for your service and thanx for building the coolest car ever the meyers manx. A day doesn't go by that i am telling your story to somebody when i park my buggy anywhere. Thanx again and happy birthday hope the day was great . Rich Roy member 4268 taunton mass

Ride on
TSFR

Post by TSFR »

Happy Birthday Bruce!! Even though that doesn't begin to cover the amount of joy you've brought me!
Wish I could be there but I'm on the other coast working on my build. The thought of you keeps me going! I hope you enjoy your day and I will be seeing you soon!
Thanks,
Jeff TSFR
calvin

Post by calvin »

Happy Birthday Bruce. You have given a great many people joy with this simple little cars. We all thank you for that. I was late to the game enjoying these buggies but that doesn't mean I still appreciate what you gave us all.

Calvin Sanders
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

Happy Birthday Bruce!!!

My hope is to meet you this summer at the Big Bear Bash.

My Wife and I plan on driving our "clone" buggy down to California this July from NW Washington for a distance of 1300 plus miles to meet you in person.
I would consider it an honor if you would sit in my buggy and take it for a little turbo ride to see what you have infected me with even though it is not a real Manx.

Maybe some day I can re-body it with a real Manx...... 8)
RedBaronofRedBud

Post by RedBaronofRedBud »

Happy Birthday to the man that started all of this buggy madness and brought us all together. May your days be as sweet as your demeanor and as exciting as following you up to Big Bear! Happy Birthday, Bruce and we look forward to seeing you and Winnie at Manx in the Middle!

The General inspecting the troops!
Tim and Barb Byrnes
Team Kermit
Long Haul League
ECVW 14
S2B 15
BTTB 15

Join us in St Louis for Manx in the Middle 2017!!!

Im not a complete idiot...there are pieces missing.
zbuggy

Post by zbuggy »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRUCE! We've had many memorable, fun, dirty, muddy exciting times since becoming a part of your Manx Club Family and have made some pretty cool buggy friends along the way! And for this, we THANK YOU!
-Paul & Anita Lorenz [emoji173]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
Susie

Post by Susie »

Happy Birthday Bruce!
Hope you have a wonderful year ahead!
Susie & Robert
Last edited by Susie on Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
surfnc

Post by surfnc »

Happy Birthday Bruce! From the beach in Corolla NC next to the wreck. (Roy, Vince, Scott)

joescoolcustoms

Post by joescoolcustoms »

surfnc wrote:Happy Birthday Bruce! From the beach in Corolla NC next to the wreck. (Roy, Vince, Scott)

That's Awesome!
langan

Post by langan »

Never met you,but everyone else seams to like you. So happy birthday. I sure have enjoyed all the cars I have built from you
rzeller

Post by rzeller »

Honored to have been able to attend this celebration for a remarkable beach boy. Bruce Meyers will be Forever Young.

Bud Zeller
Wilmington, NC
Manx Club Member Since 2004 - #2475
Member of the Manx Club's Long Haul League - 2015
2018 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
2022 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #3347 - Bad News Racing & ACME Companies
2023 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
'68 Meyers Manx - M1996F826S
'66 VW Kombi Bus
'73 VW Thing
Ed Chenal

Post by Ed Chenal »

Happy Birthday Bruce

I'm pleased that your stay at Forest Lawn was a short one. Keep it that way.