TRUE BUGGY BUYING STORIES; tuff tub t-bucket knock off

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
lastmanx

TRUE BUGGY BUYING STORIES; tuff tub t-bucket knock off

Post by lastmanx »

It was a 4-seat long body, runs and drives NO BRAKES, titled, best offer bought for $1200.00 . good points titled, engine ran, trans worked, good red enamel paint job. bad points; gas tank issues, floors patched and sealed with roof tar that stuck to shoes when get in buggy, ignition and wiring mess, lights etc. body very thin. body removed to show right front collision damage. shock tower bent back 6 inches , floor had crease at 45 angle to rear quarter, leaving frame head slightly off. in other words the donner vw was a bad hit total; witch is how buggys were typically made. it spent its previously buggy life in that condition, going down the road sideways. the worn tires confirmed it. this is what you may encounter when shopping for new buggy advertised as needs little work. owners story: was grandfathers on cape cod willed to family in storage 10 years must sell owner felt car was perfect. after full body off restoration; new floors front end rear axles all brake components, new interior, wire harness,lights, rims tires, canvass top,exhaust, clutch, added fiberglass to body, at a cost of $9,000.00 it was a real nice buggy, that could not sell for $12,000.00 when finished. It sold 5 years later after I used it. This story is for newbies to understand what is involved in buggy restoration. I considered the original buggy purchase a good deal as the body needed no real body work. I replaced many parts with new so as to not have problems later. I performed all work myself and am experienced at it, saving labor cost. restored in 8 months.3254
VW Aircooled Society

Re: TRUE BUGGY BUYING STORIES; tuff tub t-bucket knock off

Post by VW Aircooled Society »

Is there a build documenting it or you have some pics to share ?
Products Manager @ VW Aircooled Society
Innovative Products: http://www.VWAircooledSociety.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
'64 Manx Classic Dune Buggy
'67 Split Window Bus
'66 Maserati Blue Oceano Bug
'69 Bay Window Weekender Bus
lastmanx

Post by lastmanx »

sorry I deleted them from my gallery in a fit of rage. I had a bad day seeing too many newbies asking questions about their buggys that they could answer themselves if they took the time to actually just look at their buggy. (like where is my engine located?, does it have power brakes?,does it have power steering?) i'm exaggerating but you get the point. I have calmed down now, but it is summer in Ma. and so i'm busy driving and enjoying my buggy as I already put in the hard work to make it perfect, and summer is short here. I wrote several articles to help newbies,refering them on ways to help themselves, but most were ignored. I stand by the truth THAT IF BUGGYS WERE CHEAP AND EASY TO BUILD,FIX YOU WOULD SEE THEM EVERYWHERE. you don't . The world is full of incomplete and non running dunebuggys and im getting to them at a slow relaxed pace. Have a great day and search the amazing builds that other members are doing, they are far better than the build I described as it was 100% average. Keep smiling and buggy on!
VW Aircooled Society

lastmanx wrote:sorry I deleted them from my gallery in a fit of rage. I had a bad day seeing too many newbies asking questions about their buggys that they could answer themselves if they took the time to actually just look at their buggy. (like where is my engine located?, does it have power brakes?,does it have power steering?) i'm exaggerating but you get the point. I have calmed down now, but it is summer in Ma. and so i'm busy driving and enjoying my buggy as I already put in the hard work to make it perfect, and summer is short here. I wrote several articles to help newbies,refering them on ways to help themselves, but most were ignored. I stand by the truth THAT IF BUGGYS WERE CHEAP AND EASY TO BUILD,FIX YOU WOULD SEE THEM EVERYWHERE. you don't . The world is full of incomplete and non running dunebuggys and im getting to them at a slow relaxed pace. Have a great day and search the amazing builds that other members are doing, they are far better than the build I described as it was 100% average. Keep smiling and buggy on!
Tolerance level can be trying ... I know what you mean
Do you have a pic you can post so i can see it.. I won't ask where is the radiator

Here is a 67 bug that i did that i call the Maserati Blue Oceano Bug w/ Couio interior just like the Maserati Turismo Sport.

and the finished product after some trials and tribulations with some ripoff bodyshops in Miami

And this is my Maserati Coiuo interior just like in the Maserati

Innovative Products: http://www.VWAircooledSociety.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
'67 Split Window Bus
lastmanx

Post by lastmanx »

you're a pain in the neck. but here are some photos. understand the buggy is long gone about 10 years ago.the before photos show it running after a little work with only the park brake working gas tank leaking if too full, and driving on my buddys dealer plate. he originally bought it, I got it running he used it over labor day weekend 2005 and then sold it to me. I then did complete body off resto over the next 6 months. when I was done everything worked.429842994300430143024303430443054306 I have built over a dozen since mostly buggys. if you go to my gallery you will see the latest build a Bradley GT II in original gellcoat, with only 1800 miles on odometer put on by me. it was unfinished when I got it , I was the first to drive it on the road as a complete kit car. its for sale $4000.00 you should buy it and drive it back to Florida; it's that good. anyway have a great day and keep smiling.
VW Aircooled Society

lastmanx wrote:you're a pain in the neck...... if you go to my gallery you will see the latest build a Bradley GT II in original gellcoat, with only 1800 miles on odometer put on by me.
I have always loved the Bradley GT and when i first moved to Florida in 1985 I had a golden opportunity to buy the shell on chassis motorless for $800.00 but instead i bought a Porsche 914-4 which was the worst car.
I will be looking for your gallery.. i am not sure yet how to navigate on this forum but i will see..
Have a great weekend.

I paid $1,800. for this barn find 3 weeks ago as it sat for 4 1/2 years and water got in everywhere.. 8 gallons of water out of the gas tank alone... a mess.. in this pic its clean but it was so filthy and full of Zika Mosquitoes

'67 Split Window Bus
VW Aircooled Society

Very nice Bradley GT

'67 Split Window Bus
lastmanx

Post by lastmanx »

do you want to trade your non working buggy for my Bradley GT II in turn key condition. You deliver buggy here and bring back Bradley GT II needing no work?