I get it now, I really get it now...

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
aburger01

I get it now, I really get it now...

Post by aburger01 »

Yesterday was a great day. It started out with a crappy day at work, I get home and my wife had a crappy day at work too. She was napping on the couch, totally spent (both kids are off to college, she went back to work after a few years and not used to the daily grind just yet). I left her to her comfort with the dog sleeping on her legs too and decided to take a buggy ride in the western country side of NJ, farm roads, horse tracts, up by the Delaware river, across into southern Pennsylvania, etc., about a 75 mile loop - 78 degrees, clear, no wind, perfect day, absolutely perfect day.

If found myself feeling something different yesterday... it took me back to my biker days from 20-30 years ago, that free feeling you would get by just getting out on your bike, one with the machine, one with the road, one in your own head (really a feeling that is you can't share with anyone that hasn't felt that) - I had that feeling and it was amazing. I was listening to Zeppelin on the stereo, and I had a biker out of body feeling, the first time in a car I've ever felt that.

I since don't ride a bike anymore after an accident 20-30 years ago and that carefree feeling and nerve was never the same - I felt that again yesterday and it was something I thought I would never feel again - it took a buggy to bring that feeling back to me. I acquired my buggy in June of this year, my first one - and in all of the cars, convertibles, and play things I've owned in decades and decades, I never felt that feeling in a non-bike vehicle like I did yesterday. Although I have been driving my buggy this summer, I realized I hadn't really been riding my buggy. It took me back to a feeling that I thought I'd never experience again (I forgot what I forgot was best).

Sorry to get so metaphysical and in my head with with this, but I get it now, I really get it now....
saderus

Re: I get it now, I really get it now...

Post by saderus »

good stuff right there man.
Surf58

Post by Surf58 »

Neat story and that is what it is all about.
manxvair

Post by manxvair »

That's what i say, It's like riding the motorcycle without being defensive, it allows you to relax more and enjoy. Just my 2 cents worth.
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
Manxter Dual Sport #30 Baja Edition #2 (Ours)
Resorter #19-Fuscia(under construction)
ManxManiac

Post by ManxManiac »

aburger01... now you are "RIGHT ON"!!! LOL It's the best feeling in the world!!! KEEP ON BUGGYING!!!
Michael Cates
ManxManiac
Ventura, CA
Original Meyers Manx "Xena"
M1609C8S22