Help me Identify this buggy... Manx or not Manx

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
blahbadabenji

Help me Identify this buggy... Manx or not Manx

Post by blahbadabenji »

Hey everybody, I am a noob to the buggy thing, but have had a bunch of bugs through the years. I am trying to Identify if this is a Meyers or not and if not, what is it?

I need to locate a front windshield for it and I am having trouble. This one has been cut down and I am tall enough to be looking right at the top of the frame. It measures 40.25" when measuring the inside of the frame which is proving to be difficult to find. I figure, I can identify it, It might be a bit easier to find the window the frame.

Please let me know what your thoughts are on it

Thanks for the Help23552354

Re: Help me Identify this buggy... Manx or not Manx

Post by 1856 »

Looks like a second generation "Safari" with the hood's nose trimmed. The first gen didn't have the SS looking lovers in the hood.
I questioned Bruce about the body a few years ago at Big Bear, he said "It was built by the Oak street boys".

http://www.dunebuggyarchives.com/registry/Safari
MnC
blahbadabenji

Re: Help me Identify this buggy... Manx or not Manx

Post by blahbadabenji »

1856 wrote:Looks like a second generation "Safari" with the hood's nose trimmed. The first gen didn't have the SS looking lovers in the hood.
I questioned Bruce about the body a few years ago at Big Bear, he said "It was built by the Oak street boys".

http://www.dunebuggyarchives.com/registry/Safari
MnC

Thanks for the help. I am waiting on the rear rims/ brakes till I have enough money. I have been working on installing some Mazda Miata seats and just rebuilt the front end with disc brakes, new adjustable beam. I need to move the steering up a bit, but mostly just minor stuff to go. I cant wait to get it out on the trail. It has been a fun project, but it will be more fun once it is rolling!