What are your winter, or off season upgrades?

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
joescoolcustoms

Re: What are your winter, or off season upgrades?

Post by joescoolcustoms »

I spent most of the day shoveling the driveway for the garage so I would have room to sand blast a chassis when we get the heat wave on Wednesday, 39* F.
Ed-Chenal

Post by Ed-Chenal »

A group of us recently took our Buggies to Death Valley and now I'm getting ready for the Manx Club outing in Laughlin, Nevada. A small amount of fiberglass work has been done on my 4seat buggy.
Ed
manxvair

Post by manxvair »

Well we don't really have Winter hear in SoCal but we did have a weekend of On & Off again rain, so I went out in the garage and got some stuff done. I picked up my Nerf bars from the powdercoater and installed them. They are the Meyers Manx set but they aren't designed for the Manxvair chassis so they required a little modification. I also took the time to apply bed-liner to the sides of the buggy.
Drivers side

Passenger side.

by moving the Roto-Pax to the sides it opened up the rear tray area for ice chest, luggage etc.

Oh, and I have a set of the Meyers Manx Wind deflectors also.
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
Manxter Dual Sport #30 Baja Edition #2 (Ours)
Resorter #19-Fuscia(under construction)
Mike-Presley

Post by Mike-Presley »

Nice job, you got a lot done in a short time.
rzeller

Post by rzeller »

manxvair wrote: 1162
Roto-Pax.
In case anyone is in the market to buy a RotoPax gas can let me share a little pricing info: I wanted to get one of the 1-gallon Rotopax for my up-coming trip to Buffalo so I started shopping around. I checked the official RotoPax site and they wanted $64.95 for it: http://rotopax.com/1-Gallon-Gasoline.html

Did a little price comparison and bought it off of Amazon for $48.34 : http://www.amazon.com/RotopaX-RX-1G-Gas ... x+1+gallon

I love the interwebs :clap:
Bud Zeller
Wilmington, NC
Manx Club Member Since 2004 - #2475
Member of the Manx Club's Long Haul League - 2015
2018 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
2022 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #3347 - Bad News Racing & ACME Companies
2023 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
'68 Meyers Manx - M1996F826S
'66 VW Kombi Bus
'73 VW Thing
Mike-Presley

Post by Mike-Presley »

Not much of an off season here in the desert. Been able to drive the buggy most days so only little upgrades for me. We take our dogs with us quite often and our Doberman seems to make some people nervous so I made a framework out of pvc. A friend has an upholstery shop and made me a cover with roof and side netting that tie-wraps onto the frame. The whole thing goes on the rear of the buggy with several Velcro straps to keep the dogs in and afford some separation between them and people walking by.