Where did you drive your buggy to today? (Pics needed)

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
joescoolcustoms

Where did you drive your buggy to today? (Pics needed)

Post by joescoolcustoms »

Pictures or it didn't happen.

Post up where you drove your buggy with some pictures of the trip, about how far and anything interesting about the trip. (Not for trip events like C2C, ECVW, Shuffle to Buffalo, but local to you or your local club).

Today I sold a Beetle body so I could use the pan for another buggy. In the deal, I had to deliver the body to the buyer's home bout 5 miles from my house. Since the Manx was hibernating in the car trailer I needed to transport the body with, it had to come out.

Here is what I sold, for $ 300.00!!!! Wow it was ugly.

So, I do not like to start any of my VW's for a short period and then shut it down. This is how condensate gets into a engine, then slowly turns to acid in the bottom of the case causing all kinds of issues. I like to run them to get the oil hot and burn off/evaporate and collected condensate. (That is what I told Darlene anyway so I could go for a drive).

I has only been three weeks since I last drove it, but WOW is it ever fun!

Because I have about 6.5 quarts of oil in the system, it takes a little while to get it all warmed up to operating temperature. About 35 miles total around the Kanawha Valley Area in West Virginia.

Then back into hibernation for a little while longer.

manxvair

Re: Where did you drive your buggy to today? (Pics needed)

Post by manxvair »

A local club member's cub scout pack held their pine wood derby today and asked for some buggies to put on display. Special guest speaker, some guy named Bruce Meyers.
manxvair

Post by manxvair »

We did some site seeing around Lake Mojave and Laughlin, Nevada.

Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
Manxter Dual Sport #30 Baja Edition #2 (Ours)
Resorter #19-Fuscia(under construction)
abgiles

Post by abgiles »

joescoolcustoms wrote:
Here is what I sold, for $ 300.00!!!! Wow it was ugly.

Joe, you don't like the Mulholland Look Beetles? C'mon! Those things are way cool! It looks like it's speeding, even when just sitting. The 80's were awesome. I'm sure you rocked out to some Hair Bands too!
(Loretta) Manx # M2940D910E on customized 1970 chassis that has been "Wheelerized" by Joescoolcustoms
(Scarlett) Manx Resorter #12 (R0012B931S) on 1969 chassis.
(Gunther) Manx 2 # A0202A035E
Tow'dster # TF530G913S
Original Home built buggy that I learned to drive in back in 1995 (the one that started my passion).
Club Member # 4436

Loretta: http://www.manxclub.com/forum/viewtopic ... t=3365Manx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jon

Post by Jon »

That bug's got one hell of an overbite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lastmanx

Post by lastmanx »

:problem:
Last edited by lastmanx on Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joescoolcustoms

Post by joescoolcustoms »

lastmanx wrote:did you have insurance?
Sorry, ????
lastmanx

Post by lastmanx »

:problem:
Last edited by lastmanx on Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

Dental insurance for that overbite. :mrgreen:
ManxManiac

Post by ManxManiac »

Well... it was actually last weekend (Aug.20-21, 2016)!!! The "OLD SCHOOL DUNE BUGGIES & SANDRAILS REUNION" held at PISMO BEACH / OCEANO DUNES... spearheaded by CORT ELGAR!!! I didn't take very many photos, but here is a youtube video by Aprille Kay of the "Buggy Parade"!!! You can't miss us as I have Xena's headlights on & we have a checkered flag mounted at the bottom of our antenna!!! Can't miss us!!! Really looking forward to next year & having FUN FUN FUN!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZeq74DNrUk
Michael Cates
ManxManiac
Ventura, CA
Original Meyers Manx "Xena"
M1609C8S22
lastmanx

Post by lastmanx »

I drove to Race Point Beach for a week vacation April 15 2018. It is the opening day for the beach5059. But the beach was gone, it was wiped away by historic high tide storms5061. There is only a mile or so to drive on. the width of the beach was reduced by 2/3. I have watched it slowly disappear in the last 18 years with my Manx,as higher tides and severe storms have eroded the barrier dunes. Some call it global warming. I call it a sad reality; as I have witnessed it firsthand

5056[/image]5055. It may come back but I doubt it. The pole line trail is still there, but altered50695068506750655063. The trail runs behind the barrier dunes and leads to Race point lighthouse. Too bad, i'll miss it as it was the reason I built my Manx. The beach side trail was non drivable at high tide as it was under water. The oceans are rising as I have witnessed it. I can only advise that if you want to drive along the Atlantic ocean you hurry up, before you can't anymore.