"Who are you?"

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
Brad

Re:

Post by Brad »

My name is Brad, I live in Valley Center CA and I like Manx Buggies.

I have had way to many buggies to list and as I get older, fatter and grumpier I hope to keep what I have and spend more time playing with the kids and less time reinventing the already well functioning wheel.

I now have am orange buggy which Winnie tells me is Just Right Orange, that's sounds like a good enough reason to like it to me. She is a great ride and after bonding over a few thousand miles and a lot of cool smiles I think I will call her Cactus.

I hope to have her up at Big Bear this year so if you see her looking lonely feel free to drop over and balance a beer on her fender for a chat, being at waste height I have been told it is just right for quick retrieval.

tongclub62

Re: Nice.

Post by tongclub62 »

Nice. it all smart buggy. :clap:
Brad

Re: Nice.

Post by Brad »

tongclub62 wrote:Nice. it all smart buggy. :clap:
Yup it is one of the smarter buggies around, it even has its own canbus network Droid App linkin :crazy:

ManxManiac

Re:

Post by ManxManiac »

Hey y'all... we're Michael & Patricia "the ManxManiacs" & we are the caretakers of Meyers Manx M1609C8S22 aka "Xena"!!! Actually, we had to make the very difficult decision to sell Xena & buy a more "entry & exit friendly" factory low sided f/g buggy, possibly a Manx Resorter, maybe a Burro or a EMPI Sportster, due to our ongoing back, hip & leg problems!!!
Xena has taken us on many adventures since I purchased her, then did a complete rebuild!!! Since May 2000 we've driven her 86,000+ miles & never had any major problems, just a couple very minor ones!!!
I'm sure we'll miss her, but once we get another buggy that doesn't hurt quite as much to get into & out of, we'll be seeing y'all on the trails, having FUN FUN FUN!!!

Michael Cates
ManxManiac
Ventura, CA
Original Meyers Manx "Xena"
M1609C8S22
Gene C

Re:

Post by Gene C »

Gene Condon #729 " Gadget"
Burlingame Calif

andygere

Re:

Post by andygere »

My name is Andy and I'm relatively new to the world of dune buggies, but I've been a car guy for a long time. I live on the Central Coast of California, and enjoy cruising my basic little buggy around town, and on some longer cruises up and down the coast. I've taken it to a few car shows as well, and enjoyed meeting a lot of really cool people into VWs, buggies and hot rods. I have plenty to learn about these fun little cars and the VW platforms they are built on, but with a Muir bible and a lot of help from various forums I've done pretty well so far. Here are a few photos of my car.

Update: The lime green Sandwinder is sold, to make room for this trick little Manxter. Lots of mods and upgrades planned after getting her tuned and road worthy...

Last edited by andygere on Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marklandon

Re:

Post by marklandon »

Mark and Donna Landon AKA Tiger Tow'd we are in Bullhead City travel when we can you never know where we show up
the-BULLIT

Re:

Post by the-BULLIT »

Who is me...Terry from Tucson, Arizona and of course I drive a GREEN buggy...my wife Sherry and I have been enjoying our buggy since 1975...21402139
richmazz

Re:

Post by richmazz »

Hi Everyone. My name is Richie. I live in Southern California. This is my buggy. Her name is Ruby.

lastmanx

Re: who are you

Post by lastmanx »

Hi all i'm Larry Havener from Ashland Massachusetts new to computers and technology. Not to dunebuggys. I was recently forced into computers due to work, as i'm too cheep to pay cable. I drive "ULTIMATE DESTINY" signature series #49 3 inch lift 3337 and drive racepoint beach Massachusetts. I've been a lone wolf as most other buggys are street type. I have built and sold a dozen buggys so far. I haven't attended any Manx event as any free time is spent on the beach. I can help any member in my area with build info if needed.