phpBB Forum. WOW!

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
Scott-Drolet

phpBB Forum. WOW!

Post by Scott-Drolet »

I just wanted to take a moment to thank our President, Vincent Parisien and his partner in crime France Rousseau for the yeoman's job of moving our YUKU forum over to the brand spankin' new phpBB forum!! Our old forum hosted on YUKU presented several challenges to all of us members, with the most frustrating being the inability to post photos. All of that has changed now! In case it isn't clear how much work this undertaking was, Vincent & France had to painstakingly copy and repost every single post since the YUKU site was up! This took months of hard work on nights, evenings weekends . . . almost anytime where they were not out making a living.

So, long live phpBB! AND, Thank you Vincent & France for making this happen!

The other good news? The doors are swung wide open. You don't have to be a member to post on the Manx Club forum. The Board of Directors feel it's more important to help create a living breathing historical record that can be searched by all. Everyone should be provided access to vast archives on maintenance, repair, and building advice from past posts. No more of the "now you see it, now you don't" fickleness found on The Facebook postings.

However (and I can not stress this enough), now that the forum is open to all, it is our collective responsibility to post on this forum!!! Stop wasting your energies on Facebook posts that disappear in a few days. Instead, I humbly suggest you post your work here where all can see it, and access it, from this day forward. Let's make contributions to the dune buggy community that will live on FOREVER!! :clap:
Lee-Hoffer

Re: phpBB Forum. WOW!

Post by Lee-Hoffer »

Thank you, Vincent and France! I can't imagine how painstaking it must have been to copy every single post over. It's yet another testament to how dedicated you two are to the fiberglass buggy world. Let's all honor this effort by making the Manx Club forum THE main hub of communication like it was back in the early days of the Club. Hint - we love build threads!

Lee
marklandon

Post by marklandon »

:clap: :clap: great great job now I got to work on that taptalk and figure it out thanks again Vincent and France
vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

Thanks Scott and thanks to everyone for you patience. Many people played a role in this conversion including the Board of Directors. I harassed them on multiple occasion for help and guidance on direction to take.

One of the most exciting part of the conversion is that we recovered the, once lost, data from the initial forum vBulletin with posts dated from 2005 to 2010. It was actually very interesting to re-read some of those threads.

Scott and Lee are absolutely correct, we need to make this forum the official store for historical reference. Facebook is great to exchange spirit of the moment activity but unfortunately, the information being shared is only accessible for a brief period of time not to mention that searching is near impossible.

The only way we remake this forum relevant is by having active people like yourself post here. Many of you have incredible knowledge about our sport and we ask that you share it here for everyone's enjoyment and education. Everyone also enjoys seeing build threads, these not only allow people to share their accomplishments but also provide great ideas for current and future builders. Lastly, since our club is global with members from all around he planet, it's impossible for everyone to attend every event. By sharing the memories and activities being organized around the planet, you provide a glimpse of others are enjoying the sport. The more the better!

The conversion was not perfect and although we feel we did not lose any data, some of the formatting had to be altered. It's also possible that there might be some corrections required, feel free to let us know about them.

Thanks again and look forward to reading about your activities here!
manxvair

Post by manxvair »

Looking good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
Manxter Dual Sport #30 Baja Edition #2 (Ours)
Resorter #19-Fuscia(under construction)
joescoolcustoms

Post by joescoolcustoms »

All right! Thanks for the update President and First Lady.

Trying some stuff out:

http://www.meyersmanx.com/mmstore/store-decklid.shtml

Looks like it is working and decently easy to use. Yea!!! :clap:
ManxManiac

Post by ManxManiac »

A gigantic "THANK YOU" to Vincent & France & everyone else that had a hand in this!!! Patricia & I & I'm sure everyone else "greatly appreciate" you & all of your hard, time consuming work!!! I'd much rather be here than Facebook!!! :clap: Let the FUN FUN FUN begin on a whole new chapter of "dune buggy life"!!! Thanks!!!
the-BULLIT

Post by the-BULLIT »

I'm here...Thanks Mr. President!
Ed-Chenal

Post by Ed-Chenal »

Vincent and France.
Thank you for your hard work.
We have no history without a Forum.

Oz-Towdster

Post by Oz-Towdster »

Thanks Vincent And France , great new forum host and finally away from that horrid yuku system

Now for the biggest challenge ,to get people to be active here , as like any forum it's no good having 3000 members if you only ever see 5 of them !!!!!
Mike-Presley

Post by Mike-Presley »

Thanks everyone for the hard work on the change. Looks like this will be a much better site. One question, is there a way to change my login name? I had changed it on yuku but it reverted to my old name on this site.
Thank you, Vincent fixed my login within seconds.
pgrandia

Post by pgrandia »

Finally everyone's in one place. Thanks Vincent. :clap:
Ed-Chenal

Post by Ed-Chenal »

Can't figure out how to add an avatar next to my name. Help Please.
vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

Ed-Chenal wrote:Can't figure out how to add an avatar next to my name. Help Please.
Hi Ed, you can upload an avatar or point it to an existing (previously uploaded one).

Simply go to your User Control Panel located top right. Then under profile, you can edit your avatar. Alternatively you can access it from this link:
Edit my avatar
Ed-Chenal

Post by Ed-Chenal »

Thank you Vincent...
Ed