Carlisle Pa Show

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
pottercountypuddlejumper

Carlisle Pa Show

Post by pottercountypuddlejumper »

I was late finding out about the kit car, buggy, get together at Carlisle this last summer. It is not too far away from me so I was interested in going next year. Can anyone tell me a little about it? And where to stay? Is there camping? Do you guys here get together while there? Though I could get some inspiration for when I tackle the Towd project soon.   Sorry to have missed meeting Bruce.    Just wondering..... VIC
Tom-Kathleen

Carlisle Pa Show

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

The event is a large gathering of European and Kit Cars.  It is a showplace for Kit Car makers, there is a swap meet, and the dune buggies are a small part of it.  We had 34 buggies in a group last year, had a cruise though the countryside, a dinner with Bruce Meyers for Manx Club members and a "Bruces' Pick" for a lucky Manx Club member.  We won second place for club participation.  There will be Manx Club event participation at next years (2011) event, but until Carlisle Events lets us know what their plans are, we have not finalized ours.  I expect to find out their plans very early next year, and will post our plans shortly after that  Some people stay at local hotels/motels and some people camp at the event.  You can sign up for the events now, and get a discount. http://store.carlisleevents.com/ .  Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
pottercountypuddlejumper

Carlisle Pa Show

Post by pottercountypuddlejumper »

Tom Kathleen wrote:The event is a large gathering of European and Kit Cars.  It is a showplace for Kit Car makers, there is a swap meet, and the dune buggies are a small part of it.  We had 34 buggies in a group last year, had a cruise though the countryside, a dinner with Bruce Meyers for Manx Club members and a "Bruces' Pick" for a lucky Manx Club member.  We won second place for club participation.  There will be Manx Club event participation at next years (2011) event, but until Carlisle Events lets us know what their plans are, we have not finalized ours.  I expect to find out their plans very early next year, and will post our plans shortly after that  Some people stay at local hotels/motels and some people camp at the event.  You can sign up for the events now, and get a discount. http://store.carlisleevents.com/ .  Tom
Tom and Kathlene, Thanks for the info, helps alot. I won't be ready to bring the Towd this year, but sure look forward to taking it someday !  VIC