roller pedal

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
wildthing

roller pedal

Post by wildthing »

im not familar with a roller style gas pedal or ever drove with one.how much is involved in changing one out or what is needed? pros / cons ? thanks don.
TMc2548

Post by TMc2548 »

I have a roller pedal in my buggy. The roller pedal is much more responsive to your foot. Changing the pedal isn't too difficult although you will have to remove your pedal assembly to remove the pivot pin holding the OE pedal rocker in place. Your pedal is currently a two piece pedal, the flat foot operated part and the cam roller the cable is attached to. The roller pedal attaches using the pivot pin for the cam roller. Take note that the thickness of the roller pedal and the OE cam roller is different. I had to put a shim in where the pivot is so the pedal's side to side movement is limited. You will find that the new roller pedal may also limit the closed throttle and/or the wide open throttle of your carbs. Adjustment of your cable will be necessary. You may also find that you will need to file a little bit off the pedal stops to allow for full movement. I don't have pics of mine. I actually painted my roller pedal to look more like a wheel and to match my buggy color.
Montana-Manx

bare feet

Post by Montana-Manx »

I have one in our buggy and its the only way to go. Really like the feel on bare feet.