COMING SOON! An Improved Forum Section!

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Thanks for the understanding Yes we will all have to reapply to the forum it will then send the admin an email which we can then approve or deny It works in real time and much faster than present It is free but we will be asking for name. email and location Will be allowing only one forum membership per person hence the need for filling out the application and also lets us filter out the spam I appreciate and welcome the input
theManiac

Post by theManiac »

I have the same sign-in problem! Since I'm already a YUKU member on several boards, it says my email is already in use! I only have 1 email! I've tried several times, always same response! Any ideas???
TMc2548

Post by TMc2548 »

If you already post at a yuku forum you can use your yuku profile to use the new Manx Club boards. You do not have to re-register. When you try to post on the new MC boards you will be asked to submit a small application. I just gave my name, city, and member number and I got an email later saying I was approved to use the forum.
theManiac

Post by theManiac »

I tried it your way Tom... we'll see. Since you cannot have more than one member per IP address, my wife won't be allowed to have her own membership since we only have one computer (i.e.- IP address). We have AOL & they give us 7 screen names! Not only does my wife use this computer, our niece Lisa & a couple other friends are allowed too. If they want to sign up on the new YUKU Manx Club site, they won't be allowed to either since all of us use the same computer. Any ideas???
Scott-Drolet

Post by Scott-Drolet »

Hey Maniac, I think for now, just use a "family" log on (Maniac's Maniacs?) that everyone in your household can use. After they post using that account, they can sign their individual unique names at the end of the post. I know its a hassle right now, but it's important we keep access tighter in the beginning as everyone moves over from the existing forum, otherwise we fear the spammers will have too easy a time. Once that migration occurs and all of our members have landed safely on Yuku, we'll see what we can do to improve access for your other family members. Thanks for your input!
Scott Drolet
MC Vice President

MC 47, DSB, RBC, Long Haul League, '64 Monocoque, '67 Manx, '73 Manxter, '64 Stainless Burro, '64 Corvair Burro, '65 Corvair Burro
http://www.ManxClub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.SeaToSeaSafari.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.BurroBuggies.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dan B.

Post by Dan B. »

Yeah were almost there! Just a few small bugs to work out. I also am a user of that site for a few other vw forums. Thanks to all those involved in making the switch happen!
ralphdjeeper

New forum

Post by ralphdjeeper »

I just used the link, it worked for me, thank's for posting.
theManiac

Post by theManiac »

Any idea how long before this forum is disconnected & only the new one at YUKU is the main one???

Post by 1856 »

The new forum is great. Very user friendly. The pics process is a real added bonus however those with little feet may stumble around it. Try it u'll like it; http://manxclub.yuku.com/directory Mark n Carol
theManiac

Post by theManiac »

I've never had any trouble on this site. Posting &/or posting photos is actually quite easy here, I don't understand why people have a problem with it. There are a few things here that can be a bit annoying, but pretty much all sites have something like that about them. Folks always say change is good, I hope it is in this case.
TMc2548

Post by TMc2548 »

There are several people awaiting their accounts to be approved. Unfortunately they cannot be approved because the requirements have not been met. Please make sure that when you apply to use the new Manx Club Forum that you have first registered an account with Yuku and that your profile allows for your name, location, and email address to be visible to everyone who views your profile. If you currently have a Yuku account because you frequent the other buggy forums you may have to upgrade your profile. Yuku has changed their profile formatting and the older profiles do not show emails. I found the link to upgrade mine at the top center of the Yuku RBC, and DSB forums. The link looks like a little gift box. Once the upgrade is complete please edit your profile viewing preferences. We apologize for the inconvenience, however, this is necessary to avoid duplicate accounts, spam, and unwanted advertising. We are currently trying to clean up the new board and make it easier for you to apply for forum membership. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
theManiac

Post by theManiac »

Hey Tom, I've clicked on everyone's profile/avatar photo at the new site & most of them do not show name, location & email.
TMc2548

Post by TMc2548 »

Thanks for letting me know Maniac.
rzeller

Post by rzeller »

[quote="TMc2548;16263"]There are several people awaiting their accounts to be approved. Unfortunately they cannot be approved because the requirements have not been met. Please make sure that when you apply to use the new Manx Club Forum that you have first registered an account with Yuku and that your profile allows for your name, location, and email address to be visible to everyone who views your profile. If you currently have a Yuku account because you frequent the other buggy forums you may have to upgrade your profile. Yuku has changed their profile formatting and the older profiles do not show emails. I found the link to upgrade mine at the top center of the Yuku RBC, and DSB forums. The link looks like a little gift box. Once the upgrade is complete please edit your profile viewing preferences. We apologize for the inconvenience, however, this is necessary to avoid duplicate accounts, spam, and unwanted advertising. We are currently trying to clean up the new board and make it easier for you to apply for forum membership. Thank you for your patience and understanding.[/quote] Tom, Can you post the direct link to update the accounts? When I navigate off the Manxclub page to do a search in yuku, all activity on the site comes to a screeching halt. This happens every time. I'm trying hard to comply with this move to yuku, but I've got to tell you it is very frustrating at this time. Thanks, Bud
Bud Zeller
Wilmington, NC
Manx Club Member Since 2004 - #2475
Member of the Manx Club's Long Haul League - 2015
2018 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
2022 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #3347 - Bad News Racing & ACME Companies
2023 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
'68 Meyers Manx - M1996F826S
'66 VW Kombi Bus
'73 VW Thing
gregr

Post by gregr »

Same thing here Tom. I don't show a "box" at the top center to upgrade. Although, when I look at the DSB site, it says I've been upgraded. When I check my profile, I see no action to allow me to "show my email address to everyone." Frankly, I don't know that I want to show my email address to everyone. Admins and other members of the Manx Club, RBC and DSB are fine; but not to any "guest" who might be trolling for addresses. Would this be the result of "show everyone." Just to see, I logged off Yuku, switched from RBC to Manx Club on YUKU and clicking on a user name shows their profile.
GregR