Early Manx Photos...

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
bobmanx

Post by bobmanx »

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Dan, I think those are the Sears copies that they sold. Look close at the the front hoods, it looks like a there might be a ridge? But still a cool picture. Bob[/FONT]
CairoManx

Post by CairoManx »

The shape of the bottom of the dash doesn't look right either. Sears made a deal with Bruce to sell real Manxes but then turned around and undercut him and sold clones. However they still used at least one picture of a real Meyers Manx in the Sears catalog, with Bruce driving. Bastards. Image Image
Bosduuvel

Post by Bosduuvel »

[QUOTE="Manxdavid;15399"]Great pics Gert, I don't think I've seen any of them before...i wonder where they've been hiding?[/QUOTE] I will contact the people from Klassiker. To be continued... Gert
jsturtlebuggy

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

Spent the morning with Bruce and Winnie today Met Bruce's son Tim who is building a Bright Green Manxter. Somewhat like a British racing green. It was the color that Dave Deal chose then decided to go to blue metalflake Manxter. I printed out the pictures David posted and showed them to regular breakfast crowd. Winnie said she does not remember seeing any of the pictures in their collection. Had a great time listening to Bruce about the early days.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Having fun with Buggies since 1970
Worked in VWs in shops since 1970