Early Manx Photos...

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
manxdavid

Early Manx Photos...

Post by manxdavid »

I'm sure he won't mind me posting them, Ruska B1 posted these photos up on thesamba.com. Apparently they were published in last month's (November) issue of the Swedish magazine 'Klassiker'. Image Image Image
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

I love those old snap shots, Thanks Dave. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say around 1968!!. I wonder what the ol fella did wrong to get a ticket, does anyone know?
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

Mmmm...could be a bit earlier...the buggies have got hood stickers and not the later plastic badges...I'm sure Nelson will know... Do you like the hood mounted spare tire???
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
Manx#102

Post by Manx#102 »

Great and interesting photos Manxdavid thanks for posting. Looking closely at the third picture. The Manx in the shop looks to be the Car & Driver April 1967 issue featured Manx.
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

Going by the license plate and design of the front bumper the main cars in all three pics are of that car which was one of the older floorpan cars with the earlier style of rear bodywork.
Bosduuvel

Post by Bosduuvel »

[QUOTE="Manxdavid;15319"]I'm sure he won't mind me posting them, Ruska B1 posted these photos up on thesamba.com.[/QUOTE] I lost my password but I'm back now. There are more old pictures in the Klassiker magazine. Next week I will posting them. I love these pictures
theManiac

Post by theManiac »

I would love to hear the story Bruce was telling the police officer!!!
CairoManx

Post by CairoManx »

In the first pictures, SLW 511 has one of the pre-extrusion type windshield frames. Bruce said he only handmade about 50 of those before he had the extrusion tooling specially made up to make the type of frame 90% of dune buggies use today(He wishes he had patented it). That would put SLW 511 among the first 50 floorpan Manxes. The first floorpan Manxes were made in 1965(I have a January 66 magazine article with a picture of one being built). I think SLW 511 was made in late 65/early 66. By the time SLW 511 made the Car and Driver cover, it had an extruded windshield frame. I'm real curious where those pictures came from. Winnie let me look through Bruce's album when I was down there a month ago and I didn't see those pictures. Winnie said in the past, people would ask to borrow their pictures to make copies and sometimes they weren't real good at returning them.
Bosduuvel

Post by Bosduuvel »

I found these pictures in a Swedish car magazine and will post more very soon.
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

[QUOTE="Bosduuvel;15331"]I found these pictures in a Swedish car magazine and will post more very soon.[/QUOTE] Hey Gert, you made it back onto the forums!!! Well done!!! Can't wait to see the other photos and I hope you didn't mind me posting the others.
Bosduuvel

Post by Bosduuvel »

Image Image Reporter Kenneth Olausson (1967) Image Image
Bosduuvel

Post by Bosduuvel »

Image Image Image Gert aka Bosduuvel
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

Great pics Gert, I don't think I've seen any of them before...i wonder where they've been hiding?
Manx#2093

Post by Manx#2093 »

Fantastic shots!
manx4dan

I love this one too...

Post by manx4dan »

I think these are Manx bodies