Christmas in Boreggo ***CHANGE***

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
towd-dude

Christmas in Boreggo ***CHANGE***

Post by towd-dude »

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS]All, "Dec 11-13 Christmas in Borrego" as a Manx Club run has been changed to just a group run. Due to insurance issues we need to drop the "Official" part of the run. We have been actively pursuing affordable insurance, but time has run out with the run being so close. All other plans are still a go. We will have a potluck on Saturday night and possibly a run into Julian on Friday night. We hope this does not inconvenience anyone. We will still have the "White Elephant" gift exchange. Hope to see you there.. For further informantion contact: Cindy Cornelius at 951-677-0205 or Bob Kornoff at 775-782-9642 Bob [/FONT][/FONT]
MojaveMel

Post by MojaveMel »

I'm going to post so there is some sort of count. We plan to arrive there Thursday to do some pre-running. Sometimes the non-official runs are the best.
theManiac

Post by theManiac »

I absolutely love Borrego, so if I manage to get the Corvair engine finished & installed in time on Xena, Patricia & I will hopefully see all of your bright shining faces! We can't think of a better way to celebrate the holiday season than enjoying it with friends in Borrego!!!
towd-dude

The

Post by towd-dude »

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Mel, Would the "Squeeze" and "Heartatack Hill" be included and what's that other place "Stair Step Gulch"??? I know we can always count on you taking us on some real interesting if not exciting runs...... [/FONT][/FONT]
Art3358

Post by Art3358 »

Did anyone see Roadtrip with Huel Howser on PBS Sunday night? It was an hour long show on Anza Borrego. Looked like there are plenty of sites to see. It should be on PBS later this week if any one is interested. Good show.
FAKMANX

Post by FAKMANX »

My sister and brother-in-law will be there as will I. We just ran the squeeze a couple weeks ago, so I hope there will be a choice of runs.
justbugn

Post by justbugn »

I was wondering if everyone that was still planning on attending would like to do a potluck on Fri and Sat or just Sat??? I reserved the club house for both nites so????? Let me know if you plan on participating and what time would work for most folks.. 6 o'clock?? Thanks
MojaveMel

Post by MojaveMel »

Old Towd... Once down the squeeze the other two obstacles you mention are inevitable unless you can get back up the squeeze. Cindy hinted she wanted me to do something more tame as an alternative to the above. Probably a combo of street and easy dirt. We plan to pre-run for new areas on Friday.
jsturtlebuggy

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

Getting ready to go. I am hoping for the weather to be a little better than here, there was snow on the ground this morning with over night temps in the high 20s.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Having fun with Buggies since 1970
Worked in VWs in shops since 1970
towd-dude

Can't make it....

Post by towd-dude »

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]We are snowed in here, had about 12" since last night. More expected Thursday and Friday. I'm not willing to put chains on the motor home so we'll wait for you folks to post some pictures for us. I was sure wanting to give the Burro a workout. I guess that will have to wait until the Mojave Road trip.... [/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Have a good time for us....[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Bob and Anita[/FONT]
theManiac

Post by theManiac »

Well... we didn't get any snow here in Ventura, though it has felt like it did! However, Patricia & I can't make it this time! At 2:00am Sunday morning I came down with the flu & Patricia has been scheduled for surgery tomorrow (Wed) & will be in the hospital for a couple days! So take lots of photos to share with everyone & write up some of those famous, awesome, trip reports! We're anxiously awaiting!!!
jsturtlebuggy

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

Looks like for the most part there is not going to be many people going on the run because of the weather forcast. I have decided to try an make it at a later date when the weather is more accommodating.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Art3358

Post by Art3358 »

I am in. The forcast is calling for the high 60's.
jsturtlebuggy

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

Art, I looked at the forecast for Julian for Friday and Saturday at is says 48' high and 33' low at night with showers. Cindy told me that there is high winds expected in the area. Because of the wind and not that many people going I made my decision not to go at this time. It is a 12 hour drive for me.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

Still digging out of this snow storm here in Reno. I hope everybody has a great time. Post lots of pics for us who need a buggy fix. Bob