Manx Kick Out...

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
manxfwin

Manx Kick Out

Post by manxfwin »

Nothing personal taken Joe,I made those comments because I used to enjoy the tech forum and info about various buggy builds taking place around the country.But your response was neither asked for or very informative.Do you speak for the board,Bruce and Winnie or did you feel like taking up space and ranting about Joes's personal thoughts?I have followed the soap opera on the changes to the Manx Club for the last year and had hoped that it would improve the club and bring it back to the status it was when I joined it in 2005.It looks like you might be in the minority by the four responses that agreed that maybe having this new Manx info available might attract new members and a renewed interest in the club.But that might be juvenile,self centered and foolish.Don't look now Joe but you might be part of the problem instead of the solution.As far as Winnie and Bruce separating themselves from the club,the home page still has their picture and you still send checks to Winnie when purchasing items from the Manx Store.Are they still on the board?I don't care how much money they make( they deserve it)or how much they influence the club but I don't see the separation you talked about.I suggest in the future Joe that you realize you are just a volunteer on this site which means your opinion is about as important as the other 10 million people on the internet and that it counts for one,no more,no less.If someone has an idea or just a comment,step back,take a breath and see what happens.This is the members web site and in the last year the leaders have been able to piss off quite a few members,hang on to the few that are left.The pics that gotmanx posted were great,just what the members were interested in but it took all this drivel to get it done instead of you checking around to see if anyone had the information and posting.Pretty easy,uh.
towd-dude

Kick Out story

Post by towd-dude »

Jon, With a little luck the next issue of the Manx Mania is going to be in color. Winnie has supplied some pictures from the Knotts Berry Farm show. Bruce has a short article to go with those pictures. My question to you is, how do you feel about an article on the build. Things you encountered that other builders may have problems with. Oh, and May 10 is the deadline for submitting articles..... Just a thought, Bob
manx1111pla

Post by manx1111pla »

John, thanks very much for posting the pics and the info. I'm looking forward to the build info on this new one and the SS, it looks great so far.
buggypete

Post by buggypete »

what make are the slotmags on the new kick out?any idea how much?
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

[QUOTE="buggypete;13602"]what make are the slotmags on the new kick out?any idea how much?[/QUOTE] They're original 60s Ansens I belive Pete...how much???...Priceless I'd say... Coolest wheels I've seen in a dog's age...
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
ralphdjeeper

the Kick Out

Post by ralphdjeeper »

Thanks for the pictures,loved it, another cool car from Bruce, can't wait to see the ss model, will have to start saving my money,love to have one of each.
GotManx

Post by GotManx »

[QUOTE="towd dude;13600"]My question to you is, how do you feel about an article on the build. Things you encountered that other builders may have problems with. Oh, and May 10 is the deadline for submitting articles....[/QUOTE] Bob, I'm a little better at building and taking pictures than I am at writing, but I'll P.M. you and we can talk. Jon

Post by 1856 »

Buggy Pete There's a set a wheels for sale ... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/ ... ?id=735853
towdster2

Post by towdster2 »

I had a set of those Ansen wheels on a 68 Bug back in high school. When I saw them on the Kick-Out...I was hoping that they had been re-released! oh man! No such luck :( Now I just need to try to find a way to buy a Kick-Out kit. I'd really hate to sell the Tow'd...but, that may be necessary to get a Kick-Out Rick