Buggy of the month

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
El-Lobo

Post by El-Lobo »

I'm not sure who's the Webmaster around here....But there are posts about how to rid these Spam Bots on the vbulletin host site.. http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276308 They probably have newer and more secure registration procedures in place as well.
manx1111pla

Post by manx1111pla »

Nicely said Bossman, i'll second that. That's how i got hooked into buggies, i was able to ask alot of questions, bought the buggy and joined the club.
tim morgan

Post by tim morgan »

[QUOTE="5150bossman;13781"]The numbers provided by Manxter10 are very informative. However, numbers don't tell the entire story. The number of registered members does not indicate number of active participants. Comparing it to the numbers at RBC and DSB is like comparing apples (regional groups) to oranges (A Nation wide group). The member base to draw from is completely different. What wasn't discussed though was that noticable drop in on-line interaction when the forums were closed to all but registered members, which remains so to this day. The boards use to rival those of Dune-Buggy.com or DBA etc, but has dropped off to just 3 or 4 posts a day, if that (There have been days at a time where no posts are made). In that respect, the regional groups still outdo this board in member participation and daily posts. I agree with openning up even a small portion of the board to all. Maybe just the General Discussion thread, and leave the rest to the members. That way everyone can get their $0.03 worth in, increase web traffic and yet still leave something for the paying members. Now would be a good time to make the change as Dune-Buggy.com has been down for a couple of weeks, and those board members are searching for new boards to interact on. I say STRIKE WHILE THE IRON IS HOT (and the other board is still down!) or risk loosing a fantastic opportunity. Just my $0.02 worth.[/QUOTE]+1 well said
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

lately I have been looking at the buggy links from around the world I have not found a site of substance that did not list the Manx club on their page. So it's one thing having global notoriety but another having limited access for the curious. Limiting the site did have an immediate impact and I also think you should open it up. You need to get people chatting again The club has a lot to offer. Bruce can sure use the advertising with all the goodies he has going Gene C #729
dennis-and-cathy

Post by dennis-and-cathy »

Just my thought - I would like to see the Buggy of the Month be a "showcase" featuring one buggy, no voting involved - just draw a name from a hat from those buggies submitted - photos and a build story - you can decide if "members only" or open to all - I think most like to see different builds... these could also be featured in the Manx Mania (if wanted) - your choice... just my 2 cents worth... Cathy

Post by 1856 »

Cathy ... that was worth an nickle. Gene ... write on. Tim ... +2 Mark
Jon

Botm

Post by Jon »

As I stated months ago....... [QUOTE=jboyton;13455]If you guys are having a hard time getting 5 entries every month to continue our BOTM. Don't make it a competition. Just put up one buggy a month. That's 12 a year. I do not believe you couldn't get 12 paid members who wouldn't love to have their buggy featured on our web site for one month. Why not start with you lowest membership number, e-mail them and ask for some great shots of their FDB. Everyone wants to see how everybody else has built or is currently building their buggy. We need to reinvent this site.[/QUOTE] what's so darn important about this site that we adults can't make a simple idea work
tim morgan

Post by tim morgan »

[QUOTE="jboyton;13896"]As I stated months ago....... what's so darn important about this site that we adults can't make a simple idea work[/QUOTE]It's only been a little over 3 months,,LOL
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Cathy, Great idea. Now we need to get some people to write up their builds, buggies, etc. I am sure that the Board of Directors will be announcing something very shortly.
Coolrydes

Post by Coolrydes »

How about this one for buggy of the month???? Image Image Image Just kidding......
manxfwin

Post by manxfwin »

Since this club is suppose to be for the members go ahead and initiate the BOM any way you want and quit talking about.I don't think we need permission from the grown-ups,just do it!! Start posting pics and build info and call it anything you want.And then maybe the board will decide that a mistake was made and the forums should be public once again.I like the green buggy,tell us more about it.
Gene-C

Botm

Post by Gene-C »

Great idea Dave. We not post them in a section called "Member's Rides". This could be a very simple fix for the BOTM problem. This would save the webmaster from having to write new stuff just for BOTM. I think everyone would welcome the increase in the website usage. Lots of great buggies out there.
Coolrydes

Post by Coolrydes »

[QUOTE="manxfwin;13907"]Since this club is suppose to be for the members go ahead and initiate the BOM any way you want and quit talking about.I don't think we need permission from the grown-ups,just do it!! Start posting pics and build info and call it anything you want.And then maybe the board will decide that a mistake was made and the forums should be public once again.I like the green buggy,tell us more about it.[/QUOTE] Did I miss something???? I hope I did not do something wrong..... Sincerely, Kevin "Coolrydes" Zagar
DIESELDOOG

Botm

Post by DIESELDOOG »

Kevin, I do not see where you did something wrong. Nice looking Manxster. Still saving for mine. Maybe I will get the Kickout instead. Ron
Coolrydes

Post by Coolrydes »

Thanks, I was worried that my first post was taken wrong.... Check out the members rides section for some pictures of our builds. Please understand these are not advertisements, just sharring some pictures and hopefuly inspiring someone else's build......