Australia's only Manx SR is finally on the road

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
shaihulud

Australia's only Manx SR is finally on the road

Post by shaihulud »

This afternoon I got the Manx SR going and then took it around the block a couple of times, It has a Subaru EJ20 engine and it goes really well. Bruce found it for me, I bought it from Greg Reid of Santee in 1998, and crated it in Jim Guthrie's garage. Because it has a modified body pan it is considered to be an Individually Constructed Vehicle, here in Australia, which means that I've been forced to build it as a new car, so it has all sorts of things in it that it normally wouldn't need. That is the main reason why it's taken so long to rebuild it. Anyway, with some luck it will soon be registered and when it is it will be the only right hand drive one in the world. Will someone please tell Jim Guthrie the good news. I know he's not on the net. Richard Hines aka shaihulud
GotManx

Post by GotManx »

Congratulations on getting your car going. Post some pics when you get a chance.
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

Nice one Richard!!!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
domorr

Post by domorr »

Sound cool! I also would like to see some pics. I was thinking Subaru for our SR. http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb22/domorr/SR/