New Manx Club - Time for an update?

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
nroadrunner

MC Club

Post by nroadrunner »

This well be short. I want this club to go and be the best buggy club going but some things that I'm hereing is I want it FREE. Never happen you want a news letter and in color and a good web site. This stuff is not free. Say 2000 members at one dollor a member four times a year. AH where is the money coming from. Nate
CairoManx

Post by CairoManx »

[QUOTE="nroadrunner"]This well be short. I want this club to go and be the best buggy club going but some things that I'm hereing is I want it FREE. Never happen you want a news letter and in color and a good web site. This stuff is not free. Say 2000 members at one dollor a member four times a year. AH where is the money coming from. Nate[/QUOTE] Nate, Your dues as a member of the Manx Club are $30 a year. That will cover everything we've discussed.
nroadrunner

New MC

Post by nroadrunner »

Nelson Let me start again. I hear people saying open up the web site to every one. If you due that who well be paying dues. And you need money for a news letter. Nate
CairoManx

Post by CairoManx »

Nate, The newsletters(new and old) would be posted in a section that only dues paying members could view. I believe the consensus is that the discussion forum will be reopened to the general public.
nroadrunner

New MC

Post by nroadrunner »

Sounds good to me. I'll go with that. I sure want the new MC to be Good. Nate
MojaveMel

Post by MojaveMel »

The club won't be owned by anyone any more, though I guess you could say the corporation will own it. That is the reason for Bylaws. We need a "constitution" that spells out details so the club runs along basic guidelines in the future, rather than personal preference. I think we would all agree that Forum closure hurt. I almost quit using the forum after that. We use to see posts occasionally that said something like, "I've been using the forum for a while and felt I need to help support it so I joined the club." I'd like to see folks free to do that again. If some take a free ride on the forum so be it. The world is full of givers and takers. There will be enough givers who realize there is a cost and do what is right. Let them be an example of what buggy people should be for those who are takers. I think we should do everything we can to help either non-members or members with tech problems, build advise, etc.. All that is in keeping with the purpose of the club and support of our sport i.e. to preserve and maintain these "motor vehicles of interest." I'll be proud to be part of a club like that. If I lived in another part of the country I'd be jealous of most of the activities being in SoCal too. The Committee's hope is regional MC groups will change the face of the Manx Club in that respect. The way it has been in the past almost every event happended in SoCal because the club was centered there. Folks at a distance got left out when it came to events. (According to Winnie each Calif event paid for itself so dues from around the world did not go to support a run in Calif. We are looking at Big Bear and Lone Pine right now. That will continue to be the policy under the new club.) Under the new club structure, regional groups will (hopefully) begin to form and host most of the events, and publish them through the Mania and Forum as well as locally. Florida, New Jersey, Illinois, Canada, Europe, anywhere there are buggy enthusiasts. Only 7 people and not 10? I would hope the Mother Club would waive a way around that issue. We may have set it too high with 10. Time will tell. The bylaws seem to list a lot of reporting requirements. I agree, once we get moving they won't be an as much of an issue. If all goes as planned over time the Mother Club will begin to concentrate on club-wide issues instead of local issues. Perhaps a National or International event could be staged by the Mother Club with the help of regional chapters. But that's putting the cart before the horse at the moment. Personally I'm not against allowing first-timers who aren't members to come to an event, say on a one time basis. Let them get a taste and meet other buggistas and see what we are about. (There may be other legalities to consider. That is a matter that will be decided in the future.) From what I have seen and heard watch for fresh ideas like that. I think the winds of change don't want the new club to be so exclusive. We want the whole flavor to get back to buggy people basics and fun. We have tried to provide a framework for that to happen with the Bylaws (in spite of the legal-eze).