Posting Pics

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
Gene-C

Posting Pics

Post by Gene-C »

I'm haveing trouble posting full sized pice in the album. I can post 400 X 300 pics fine. anyone else haveing similar trouble?
Jon

posting photos

Post by Jon »

How do you guys post your photos into a landscape window? Each time I download, my photo is landscape, and the album window is in portrait format! So there is all kinds of dead air space around the posting!
Reverb

Post by Reverb »

When I upload pics from my digital camera onto my computer, the files are huge. I have no idea how the make them smaller.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Use an application like Photoshop or Compupic Pro.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

[QUOTE="WuZaBuG"]I'm haveing trouble posting full sized pice in the album. I can post 400 X 300 pics fine. anyone else haveing similar trouble?[/QUOTE] There is a limit on the size of the file that can be uploaded to control server space usage. You need to size your photos first to no larger than 600 pixels wide by 400 pixels high.
newmanx59

Post by newmanx59 »

I am by no means computer literate so when I ask this question, please consider the source. The photo gallery run by the Aussie Manx Club automatically resizes the photos when you load them...Is that an option?
90volts

Post by 90volts »

paint and photo editor suck at resizing! unfortunatly thats wht i have access to here. i am thinking maybe if you have a photobucket or equivilant site that you may be able to upload to it. they will resize really big pics aytomatically. then you could save that pic and upload it to the site here. i am going to try it out later. its been a headache so far. phtotdeluxe was cheap and easy to use. but this is a 'work' computer.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

go to www.ifranview.com FREE great! small resizes multiple pictures at one time!
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

I doubt you can upload a 600KB photo to the Aussie site and it resizes them on the fly. An operation like that is very taxing on the web server. If that is the case, it is not the best way to do things. There is a limit to the file size on this site's gallery to keep the load on the server down to a minimum. I hope you understand and can work with that.
90volts

Post by 90volts »

has anyone figured out how to delete single photos from an album without having to delete the whole album?
90volts

Post by 90volts »

ok got it. have to open the pic and there is a button at the bottom to check. now- how about this error: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3000 bytes) in /home2/www/meyersmanx/gallery/image-inc.php on line 115 i seem to be getting it with only 1 particular photo.photobucket is telling me it is 88K so that should be fine. ?
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Could be from an influx of people posting photos. I'll see if I can clear the memory out. As the rate of people uploading photos slows down, this should not happen.
tgodber

My membership renewal is coming!

Post by tgodber »

I like the changes so far. Admin, keep up the good work. It is hard to keep everyone happy. The photo galleries are great. Photo size of 600x400 pixels is a good size for viewing. I use Corel Photo House 3 to resize and reduce the file size. Easy to work with. All my dune buggy photos, diagrams etc are in my Dune Buggy file-490 items and counting. I prefer to post pictures from my harddrive rather than having to host them on another site before posting.
tgodber

Question?

Post by tgodber »

I am still a member. My renewal will be sent next week. I have looked at the photo galleries. I have found my gallery (has 0 photos)but do not see where I can add photos. I am I missing something? Do I need a special login from admin before I can post photos?? I sent admin a PM with my info today.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

[QUOTE="tgodber"]I am still a member. My renewal will be sent next week. I have looked at the photo galleries. I have found my gallery (has 0 photos)but do not see where I can add photos. I am I missing something? Do I need a special login from admin before I can post photos?? I sent admin a PM with my info today.[/QUOTE] I need to give permissions to each Manx Club member in order for them to upload photos. That is why I made the request last Sunday for everyone to PM me their name and member number. I'll set you up right now.