Dual master cylinder reservoir

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
Gene-C

Dual master cylinder reservoir

Post by Gene-C »

Some time ago, I think it was Lee Hoffer or some one else posted a thread on using a Volvo Reservoir, something to do with the rubber grommets and what models of master cylinder it fit, etc. I have searched the archives and they only go back one year or so. It appears some of threads were lost when the site crashed on Ez-Board. Any info or imput will be appreciated. Jimbo
gregr

Post by gregr »

GregR
tgodber

Post by tgodber »

Varga mc - Volvo 240. Works slick. Fits very tight.
Classic-Manx-71

Post by Classic-Manx-71 »

I know that several buggy owners have found the 240 Volvo reservoir in salvage yards. But, has anyone found a part number for a new one? :help:
Reverb

Post by Reverb »

Probably a Volvo dealer can order you one...partsamerica carries a good selection of vintage parts....or they can get it.
Mvovr

Post by Mvovr »

Classic-Manx-71

Fyi

Visited my local VOLVO dealer today. Good and bad news. The good news is you can order the brake master cylinder RESERVOIR, (separate from the master cylinder), for a 1984 240 series VOLVO, part number 1206007. :D The bad news is they want a ridiculous $71.84 for it! :eek: Used is clearly the way to go. :cool:
CM-Rick

Post by CM-Rick »

Roger, let me know if you need one of these... I'm due for a trip to the salvage yard and I will look for one for you. :hello:
Classic-Manx-71

CM Rick, yes I do need one of the reservoirs. My remote location stock VW reservoir is just not working out well and I'm wanting to simplify. Thanks for your kind offer and, yes, I would appreciate you finding one for me if you can. Roger. PS: I will want to pay you a fair amount for the reservoir.
CM-Rick

Isjimbo, if you need one too let me know and I'll look for a

Post by CM-Rick »

SWEET !! gives me an excuse to poke around the local boneyard....send me your e-mail so I can contact you if I find one.[/COLOR] :helloisjimbo, let me know if you want me to look for an extra for you...
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

CM Rick Yes, I probaly could use one. I am not sure which master cylinder I have, yet. I went to a Pick A Part and found no volvos, but I found some Nissan sentras, with a small resevoir, but I didn't have the spacing measurement, with me, to see if they were close. Next time out I am going hunting, I will have that distance spread, with me. Thanks. Jimbo
CM-Rick

Post by CM-Rick »

if your mc is not the german unit then the volvo res will work with it......ive got one with your name on it if you can use it., :driving:
CM-Rick

Post by CM-Rick »

O.K. fellas, I was too busy with work last week to send the resevoirs out but I've got them boxed up and ready to send out . Sorry for the delay..... you should get them by weeks end. :hello:
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Your effort is greatly appreciated. I have been to one Pick-A-Part and no vintage Volvos, yet, but when I find any I will return the R.A.K. Jimbo
Classic-Manx-71

[FONT=Tahoma]CM Rick, got the reservoir, cleaned it and just finished installing it. Many thanks for your RAK! I've added a picture of the install to show again how sanitary this conversion is.[/FONT] Image