one born every minute

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
Gene-C

one born every minute

Post by Gene-C »

well , a few weeks ago i sold my buggy to a guy who advertised on the manx site as i-want-a-buggy . he seemed to genuinely want a buggy for him and the family to cruise around in , in the warmer weather . he went to the trouble of asking me to email some more pics of the buggy so his kids could see it . i sent some nice pics the same day . a few days later his buddy showed up to get the buggy . paid me cash , i gave him the buggy and some extra's . all with the thought that i was selling to a nice guy that was on the manx site . he even put a thank you in the for sale section . thanking every one on the site for directing him to my buggy . well turns out that this guy was just buying the buggy to flip it and make some cash . he apparently used the pics i sent him to list it on the samba . the fellow that has purchased the buggy now, phoned me to get the lock key so he could get the cragar rims off to have new tires put on . i told him that the purchaser from me recieved the lock as well as some extras . he said that when he asked the guy that he got the buggy from for the key he was told to #$%@ off and was promptly hung up on. the new owner is Mike Raleigh a nice guy and not a scammer like the first guy . so if you believe Mr. Barnum i guess a sucker really is born every minute and that would be me : (
fubar

Post by fubar »

Well if you got paid in cash and felt ok with the amount, there is nothing wrong with reselling something for a proffit. Did they chisel you down on the price using the kids as leverage?
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

not in so many words . but i do think this person misrepresented themself . i let it go for 500 less than i was asking . mostly because i thought i was dealing with another buggy enthusiast . the only reason i sold is because i can no longer drive a stick shift vehicle . oh well karma has a funny way of catching up to you . so i guess sooner or later he'll get what he deserves .
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Yes, karma dose have a way of catching up with you! Dose this turd of a person have a name, so we all can avoid him?
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

this guy is John Bowering ( i want a buggy ) he is definitly a good liar . he seems to be lurking on the samba quite a bit so stay away from this tool . if he misrepresents himself buying a vehicle just think of what he's like selling one.