Just picked this buggy up from thesamba.com

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
Gene-C

Just picked this buggy up from thesamba.com

Post by Gene-C »

I had to act fast on this as there was a lot of interest on this one...good thing I lived pretty close to him...paid $3800 out the door which included the side pods in the same color...I also picked up a brand new set/kit of Kardon 40mm carbs, alum empi intakes and K&N air filters with linkage for another $200 from him...it also came with a brand new windshield, frame and seal, poly seats, brand new 1641cc DP (FI case, new heads, dog house cooling with alt. conversion, 009, stock degreed pulley) engine with tri-mill exhast and u-bind pipe, speedo, elec fuel pump, headlamp housings and H4 bulbs/lens, rear tear drop brake/ts lamps, rebuilt IRS trans with brand new CV's and boots, new brakes, wheel cyl, hoses and hardware, master cyl, ball join front end and KYB front and rear gas shocks. New billet steering wheel and matching shaft cover, stock steering shaft. Wiring kit with fuse box, stock gas tank and lid. Steering couple kit, battery box and hood beading. It does need some pan repair, rust holes but nothing real major....already got it Reg. at the DMV...gave me new plates even with a non-op. Image More pics: http://james.jaguar.net/kctrading/Orginal%20Bandit%20Buggy/ I still need: Wheel adaper Turn sig switch and colum assembly Roll bar Seat covers Dash overlay and guages Ing. switch Guages Rear Seat Seat belts Front and rear bumpers Get rid of 10" rims for some 8" ones Install all new wiring, flashers, etc. Battery and cables Gas cap and hoses Poly seat tracks, stock vw? Body seal and bolts and washers Body pan channel steel when I install the above seals and bolts. Bar across and below dash to hook up steering colum. Colum bearing kit? Install pods Paint Did I miss anything? Orginaly I was going to get a donnor VW and buy all this stuff seperatly...how did I do here guys? Bandit buggies says these have a 2.5" body lift built into the body...does it look much taller than a real Manx? Ken
newmanx59

Post by newmanx59 »

Ts the body made for a full length pan? seems like a pretty good deal.
UncleBob

Post by UncleBob »

Looks good to me. That's premium $ for a project buggy, I think, but starting with a perfect body, and rebuilt engine/trans will make things much easier. Where do you live? I have some 8" white spoke wheels I'd trade you for your 10" wide ones, if you're close.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

[QUOTE="newmanx59"]Ts the body made for a full length pan? seems like a pretty good deal.[/QUOTE] Yes body is made on on a full length pan...got to love the extra room in the passanger area...also the seat area is twice as big so I am going to build a storage compartment just behind the rear seat area...Bandit makes a fiberglass kit that would need to be glassed in for $500 but I am just going to use a cargo net over that area. I know I am going to miss the tight turning radius of a shorter pan as my other three dune buggies were all on shorten pans....but I always hated not having enough leg room in them as I am 6'2" Ken
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Nice buggy there ! I live down the street from you. I am 6'4 and i don't have that problem. but i did not use the stock location for the seats. Funny thing i went out for a drive and met up with another buggy at a 4 way stop. we are both navy people I did not get his phone number should have . I used a fencing pole and a sand rail steering bearing for the steering column. it worked great and it is the same size as a stock. you have about 4k left in cost. there is a man in hemet who built my roll cage . cost 900.$ but it is a great look.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

[QUOTE="seabeeBuggy"]Nice buggy there ! I live down the street from you. I am 6'4 and i don't have that problem. but i did not use the stock location for the seats. Funny thing i went out for a drive and met up with another buggy at a 4 way stop. we are both navy people I did not get his phone number should have . I used a fencing pole and a sand rail steering bearing for the steering column. it worked great and it is the same size as a stock. you have about 4k left in cost. there is a man in hemet who built my roll cage . cost 900.$ but it is a great look.[/QUOTE] Sent you an email...we need to hookup...got to love having a fellow buggy love close by :) Ken
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

looks to me like an excellant buy Have lots of fun C-Dub
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

very nice pickup
tgodber

Post by tgodber »

Very nice! I'd love to have your engine. I have long since lost track of the dollars we have spent. We started out with $800 basket case. Where are we now? Don't know, but I am having fun with the build and the daily reading on my favorite dune buggy web sites. I think you just jump into a project and don't look back, just forward to the first trip around the block.