"Manix" Buggy

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
5150bossman

"Manix" Buggy

Post by 5150bossman »

Just ran accross a guy in a blue buggy in the San Fernando Valley last night. He said that it was a Manx. First thing I did was look at the hood. No badge plate. I told him I didn't think so, but he said that the hood had been replaced. He then said that he had picked it up from the studios, and that it had been used in the T.V. show Manix, among other shows too. Anyone ever hear of this car? Was it suppose to be a Manx? Just curious. I gave him a card with web site info, and he said he might be interested in joining the club, so hopefully he will be able to post about it himself. I didn't have time to get any of his info though, since he was already pulling out of the parking lot.
CairoManx

Post by CairoManx »

Mike Connors starred in Mannix. I can recall episodes with him powering around in a big Olds Toronado convertible, but don't recall any episodes with him in a Manx. On the other hand I definitely recall Chuck Connors(The Rifleman) in Cowboy in Africa chasing African wildlife in a genuine Meyers Manx "Bush Buggy", around the exotic savannas of the San Fernando Valley. My brother vividly recalls a Mayberry RFD episode where the Mayberry natives tour Hollywood and also rented some genuine Manx "Sand Buggies" and did some real duning.