Finally My First Buggy

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
Mvovr

Post by Mvovr »

Man I can not make December. :x I like the January date.
flaboyjim

Post by flaboyjim »

I spoke to Chuck today on the phone about this. We both question whether the December date is too quick to plan, and maybe too close to Christmas. Thanks for the offer there Eric - the $$$ are appreciated. :dollar: :laugh1: :dollar: Back to the drawing board - Florida has so much development that it is hard to find a place to get away that is not a swamp. If someone else knows of a place in the central Florida area - please speak up! The only area that I know of is the Ocala National Forest Area or up north in the Panhandle. There are several campgrounds in the ONF that have group camp areas: Juniper Springs, Alexander Springs and Mill Dam. They are close to some good off road riding. Then of course there is the place we went to last time...?? Lets make this a topic of discussion at the breakfast before Bug Jam !!! :eat:
Mvovr

Post by Mvovr »

Here is a good place to start. http://www.floridastateparks.org/ BTW when and where is the Bug Jam?
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Jim, I think your on to something, December may be to soon, to close to Chtistmas. When and where is Bug jam? I have been working with our local dirt track to put on a Cub Scout camping event at the track. We are talking about doing a special Jeep event that weekend. Would anyone be interested in bringing their buggies down for that also?
UncleBob

Post by UncleBob »

The Bug-Jam is the biggest show in Florida, if you've never been, you don't know what you're missing. 11/13/05. http://www.pascobugjam.com/ By the way, this year, the bikini contest is back!! Don't know if I'll be able to make it this year due to work, but I'm gonna try.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

OK, I have contacted Don and Jim and I believe the buggy people are tentatively to meet for breakfast at the Village Inn for breakfast at 8:00a.m. That means I have to get up at what time? :eek: According to Don it is just south of Dade City on hwy 301. Hopefully we can discuss a get together as Jim mentioned above. Even more buggies this time. :driving: Mvovr, UncleBob posted the link to the Bug Jam. It is worth going to especially since you don't live too far from it. Hope to see you at the breakfast. Sthrnman, I appreciate the invite, however, I'm still not able to get in my buggy.
MickeyUSA

Post by MickeyUSA »

Is anyone going to enter their buggy for judging?
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

I know Dave and Don will, both nice buggies. Mine is no show buggy, I enjoy the swap meet and looking though.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Chuck, If I can find a place to stay Saturday night I'll head down. (Camping trip :D ) I would have to leave hear at 5am to be there by 8am. Amanda wont be able to make it though, they have a Girl Scout camp out that weekend... at a nice little campground by Rodman Dam. Too bad it is only a one day show. Hope the weather is clear, I'm driving the buggy if I go, still no full top or windshield wipers.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

[QUOTE="UncleBob"] http://www.pascobugjam.com/ By the way, this year, the bikini contest is back!! [/QUOTE] I'll be sure to bring my bikini then. I could sure use the prize money. :eek: Hey Russ, I'm going to have to leave about 5:00 a.m. also. I'll see you there. What was it this thread started out about? :confused:
Mvovr

Post by Mvovr »

Thanks for the info. Have to do some quick planning and find a tow bar or trailor. Just a bit to far to drive it with no top made yet. Man it sounds like a blast. as for the original topic ..... Who cares this is better!!! :D