Pics of more bugs and buggies...

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
167luckycharm

Pics of more bugs and buggies...

Post by 167luckycharm »

http://photobucket.com/albums/a64/167luckycharm/ Here's some pics from my photo album...Got some Las Vegas Bug-In shots from the recent Oct '05 event, plus some from my buggy early this year. I hope that old message from microsoft password does not come up this time...
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Worked for me! I love your buggy if this is it! I'm really partial to green! Thanks for the pics! Image
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

nice buggy and pics.
167luckycharm

Post by 167luckycharm »

Dan and Michael, Thanks for the compliments! Yes, the green buggy is mine, er, ours. My wife takes it out for a spin once in awhile, but she has her mind set on a V8 small block '79 Chevy stepside that the neighborhood kid is not trying to sell just yet. Gas prices are still too high too. I'd like to thank a bunch of people for helping me out with this buggy build while I'm at it. Manxmaniac Michael and Dunebuggy Brian Searle for sending me the parts and the advice that helped in more ways imaginable. Guys like Lee H., Eliminator Boats Mike, John Shepard, and countless others that chipped in with lots of encouragement, words of wisdom, and those tidbits of information that cleared the fog of confusion. I'd like to tell the guys and gals that are still building their project buggies that I was once in that stage of construction, from shortening the floorpans, to wiring, to deciding on tire sizes, and finally what compression to dial the engine to...I was there, and with the big help of the people on this site and the Dune Buggy Archives, you'll be able to get to the final stage of the build. Just hang in there, ask lots of questions, and don't be afraid to chime in with a update of your project once in awhile. I'm having a blast with this car! Thanks again guys, you're the best! :clap: Aloha!
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

Hate to be so boring John but what's your combination of wheel & tire sizes, adapters and rear axle lengths? They all look so right!!! Nice ride!!!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
UncleBob

Post by UncleBob »

Beautiful buggy. Very clean and classic look.
167luckycharm

Post by 167luckycharm »

Thanks UncleBob! ManxDavid; The fronts are 195 70 R14 on 6" wide wheels. They stand 24 5/8" tall. Matched up to the VDO speedometer to get the correct mileage recorded. Although that proved to be a little off; I sent the speedometer to North Hollywood Speedometer to have it calibrated. The rear 8" wide wheels are fitted with 295 50 R15 tires from Pep Boys. These were chosen for their price mainly; $59.99+tax (USD) and worked out perfectly with the 4.12:1 ring & pinion (1st thru 4th stock ratios). The overall height is 26 1/2" and the tread width is 11 5/8". The sidewalls are very thin and soft, so a minimum of 18psi will keep them nicely puffed up with an even tread wear across the width. I've smoked them twice and can't seem to stop myself from chirping 2nd everytime I leave an intersection. The irs trans has not been beefed-up so I have to take it easy...which is what I would say to the cops. The axles are all stock including the cv joints. Those wheel adaptors are the vintage Superior Perfomance alloy pieces, to fit the Chevy 4 3/4" bolt circle. BTW, the steering wheel is not legal; less than 12 1/2" outside diameter, (10") but it looks cool. Thanks and Aloha!