model

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
Gene-C

model

Post by Gene-C »

does anybody know where to get a manx model car i can build??
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

I don't know of any new kits, but there may be some. Here is a link to a page that has some pictures of old kits. Ebay would probably be your best bet. Myers Manx Kit Image There is a 1:24 scale diecast out also. Manx Diecast
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Yes, Ebay would be your best bet. I've been looking for one myself. :( The closing price on most of them has been higher than the other buggy kits. You can also sometimes find old models at automotive swap meets, In my area there's always guys with booths selling models. I built a Revell buggy model (looks like a Empi Imp) and I got two other buggy models (a Gypsy & a Lil Van) I still need to build. Thier good for those snowy winter days when I cant go out and tinker with my buggy. They just re-released the Barris buggy model which I plan on purchasing, I saw a few at Walmart.:D
Reverb

Post by Reverb »

I`m not sure about a model kit, but you can sometimes find a Franklin Mint diecast model of a Manx on ebay. I bought one a few months ago for 50 bucks. Nice details.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

[QUOTE="bugvert"]Yes, Ebay would be your best bet. I've been looking for one myself. :( The closing price on most of them has been higher than the other buggy kits. You can also sometimes find old models at automotive swap meets, In my area there's always guys with booths selling models. I built a Revell buggy model (looks like a Empi Imp) and I got two other buggy models (a Gypsy & a Lil Van) I still need to build. Thier good for those snowy winter days when I cant go out and tinker with my buggy. They just re-released the Barris buggy model which I plan on purchasing, I saw a few at Walmart.:D[/QUOTE] Would you happen to know the brand name of the model that is coming out??
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »