Fall classic - Just saying hi!

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
vincent9993

Fall classic - Just saying hi!

Post by vincent9993 »

Thought this pic was pretty nice and wanted to share. It's not every year you can take the Dune on October 1st! We hit 4,000 miles this summer, a new record. Including a drive toNew York city!
Vincent Parisien
MC Director - MC 2696
Long Haul League, '69 Kick-Out-S.S., '59 Berrien Nostalgia, '73 Manxter (in progress)
Trips
rzeller

Post by rzeller »

Vincent, I love your picture of Time Square. It brings back many great memories of being a teenager and hanging out in the city. Do you have any more picts? I'd love to see some of your buggy on the street. Where did you keep your buggy while there? Chained to a street light :laugh1: ? Most of the parking decks have valet parking, did you let someone drive yours to park it? That would have given me a headache. I would love to take my buggy up home to visit the family (Port Jervis, NY; about 60 miles NW of the city), but its a little far to drive it. I need to get that trailer made. Cool trip. Bud
Bud Zeller
Wilmington, NC
Manx Club Member Since 2004 - #2475
Member of the Manx Club's Long Haul League - 2015
2018 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
2022 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #3347 - Bad News Racing & ACME Companies
2023 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
'68 Meyers Manx - M1996F826S
'66 VW Kombi Bus
'73 VW Thing
vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

[QUOTE="madmanx"]Do you have any more picts? I'd love to see some of your buggy on the street.[/QUOTE] Sure, here are all the pictures from the trip: New York trip Password: Manhattan [QUOTE="madmanx"]Where did you keep your buggy while there? Chained to a street light :laugh1: ? Most of the parking decks have valet parking, did you let someone drive yours to park it? That would have given me a headache.[/QUOTE] We stayed at the Holiday Inn express in Queens and we chained it to the fence. Took the subway in to Manhattan to visit. Did not have the guts to leave it to the parking attendants! [QUOTE="madmanx"]I would love to take my buggy up home to visit the family (Port Jervis, NY; about 60 miles NW of the city), but its a little far to drive it. I need to get that trailer made.[/QUOTE] These are made to be driven!!! We have plans to drive from Montreal, QC to Daytona Beach, FL in 2 years!
Vincent Parisien
MC Director - MC 2696
Long Haul League, '69 Kick-Out-S.S., '59 Berrien Nostalgia, '73 Manxter (in progress)
Trips
newmanx59

Post by newmanx59 »

I'm always glad to hear about people actually driving their buggys. This past Summer, I and the group of buggiers I hang out with, made our way to several VW shows and we drove to all the shows. At all the shows we attended were another group of guys with buggys that towed their buggys to the shows. The more I talk with these guys the more I find out that their buggys basically go from the garage to the trailer, to the show, to the trailer, then back to the garage. The funny part of all this is...the buggys that we drive to the shows and play in the dunes with, typically take home more trophys from the shows. Imagine that we have fun driving them and still take home the trophys :laugh1:
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

[QUOTE="vincent9993"]Sure, here are all the pictures from the trip: New York trip Password: Manhattan These are made to be driven!!! We have plans to drive from Montreal, QC to Daytona Beach, FL in 2 years![/QUOTE] When you come to Daytona let me know. I'm about 15 miles south of there. Maybe we can go for a ride or something. :driving: BTW my son is a fire fighter also, here in Volusia county.
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Vincent - if you are willing to move up your Florida trip to next year, you could do the 2006 Hot Rod Power Tour. It is going from Kissimmee, FL to Englishtown, NJ. You could "kill 2 birds with one stone"! And before anyone asks, we are not planning (yet) to do the tour next year. It is nice to see you got some canyon running with your buggy. Too bad they were cement canyons :laugh1: Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
rzeller

Post by rzeller »

[QUOTE="vincent9993"]These are made to be driven!!! We have plans to drive from Montreal, QC to Daytona Beach, FL in 2 years![/QUOTE] Vincent, I hear you. Unfortunately we all don't have as agreeable co-pilots as you do :cry: . My wife is very tolerant of my obsessions, but won't give up her creature comforts. Maybe some day I'll be able to convince her to ride with me further than just around town.
Bud Zeller
Wilmington, NC
Manx Club Member Since 2004 - #2475
Member of the Manx Club's Long Haul League - 2015
2018 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
2022 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #3347 - Bad News Racing & ACME Companies
2023 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
'68 Meyers Manx - M1996F826S
'66 VW Kombi Bus
'73 VW Thing