Rear Clip

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
Gene-C

Rear Clip

Post by Gene-C »

I hate to sound like a dummy but... Im parting out 2 bugs and I got this email "Rear clip...rear window striaght down." What does this mean?
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

When parting out a car most junk yard will sell them in "clips" Front middle and rear. The front clip is from the firewall forward. middle is the cabin area and the rear is everything else. My guess is this guy is asking if you are willing to sell the read clip. So basicly everything from the firewall back. Torsion tubes trailing arms motor tranny and so forth. That's my interpretation at lest.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

you better ask him what he means or what he parts he's after. Because cut at either side of the rear window straight down. He won't be getting much of the rear torsion. So it sounds like he's only after body parts. You'd be money ahead to MAKE him take the whole body free. Unless it's a split or oval
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

They are '67's I have 2. I have been parting them out for a while now. I want the chassis and drive trains for buggies. I dont know what anything is worth so its hard to sell parts. Searches for similar parts for sale on the net dont produce much for a '67. I know this is an odd year and most parts are '67 only. I sold a hood in good cond. for $50.00 and I thought that was cheap. but what do I know. The response is great from ads I put on thesamba.