how to properly lower a manx

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

Viper, it depends on what buggy have, if its a UK Classic Manx, it should clear, many of the old 70s UK buggy models suffered this problem when going IRS, but its easy sorted. you want GRP stuff to do it? if so phone me. :hello: 01945 430604
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Here is a shot of one way to add some clearance. It's the bottom of the Blue/purple buggy I posted earlier. Image
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

[QUOTE="mel hubbard"]Viper, it depends on what buggy have, if its a UK Classic Manx, it should clear, many of the old 70s UK buggy models suffered this problem when going IRS, but its easy sorted. you want GRP stuff to do it? if so phone me. :hello: 01945 430604[/QUOTE] Hi Mel It's a Manx that I got from Rob at East coast. Not sure what you refer to these cars as but would be interested to know? So would you say that it ought not to have this issue. I'd like to attach a picture but aparently the file is too large and I don't know what i'm doing.HELP
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

Viper, all the buggy moulds I have made were designed to have clearance for IRS. All Robs stuff should be the same. Give me a call if you get stuck, sure we can sort it 4 ya :2cents: :eek: :D
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Thanks Mel I may well do that one of these fine days. Where are you based these days?
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

Im only about 10 miles from Robs place. It really needs to be done before you bolt the body down, you could DIY easy enough, if its too far to travel, I could run through it with ya on the phone. :hello: