Berrien buggy or air cooled steering support

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
bobmanx

Post by bobmanx »

As per my previous post mentioned, I will pass any info/sketches/dimensions/modifications/opinions and pics on to anyone that needs or wants it when its available and help other owners as they have helped me with my Manx2 project. Bob
shaky

Post by shaky »

sorry to be so long in replying but I have just been to your side of the pond to attend the breakfast meet at valley center. I will get some pics asap.
bobmanx

Post by bobmanx »

Shaky, Boy when you go out for breakfast you really go for a real ride! No problem, always glad to have people from across the pond come for breakfast. LOL Did you find anything of interest way over here on the other pond edge? Bob
shaky

Post by shaky »

I have never had steak and two eggs at 7:30am before, but my body time was 3:30pm so I felt justified, It was great! Here is the promised pic of the clolumn support. He sells them for $165 which in a land where everything is is expensive seems cheap. I would expect to pay at least $330 for it. I'm waffling. It's the jet lag. Let me know what you think. shaky PS there is a square section bar that screws to the part where the top of th dash meets the hood and is hidden under the screen rubber. It goes full width and the bracket bolts to that and the at the front bulkhead, and it is made from qaulity steels.
newmanx59

Post by newmanx59 »

It sure looks like a well built piece of equipment, albiet a bit overkill.
bobmanx

Post by bobmanx »

Shaky, Thanks for the pic, looks strong and well made, but I can only guess what it would cost to ship it across the pond. Does the person have a website, and is that the only piece he sells? Thanks, and hope the jet lag is better! Bob
shaky

Post by shaky »

Have a look here for contact and other details. http://www.flatlandsengineering.co.uk/fle/fle_home.htm I had to start lecturing the day after I landed, from what I remeber they were quite fun. Funny thing jet lag :roll:
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

I've fitted one of the brackets from Flatlands eng. to a Predator Manx copy and while they're very well made they're not as rigid as the stock Manx type as they grip the column closer to the bulkhead and allow more flex. For a car with the dash moulded into the hood (Siggy, EuroManx, Manx II or car with Manxclub replacement assembly) stock type that Shaky pictured in sketch is best but top angle section can be deleted as that was just to stregthen the join between seperate dash and hood.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
bobmanx

Post by bobmanx »

Manxdavid, Thanks for the info, I'm still trying to get this brace issue resolved one way or another, so it's trouble free and solid. Bob
manxter26

Post by manxter26 »

Bob, are you going to be at Lone Pine?