Lone Pine Question

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
Gene-C

Lone Pine Question

Post by Gene-C »

I would like to particpate in the Lone Pine Adventure but I have not finished (started) my dune buggy yet, so the only tow car is a baja bug. To avoid going against any rules, or even worse, offending a follew member. I thought I'd ask members for a answer. Hope'n to get some idea's on building my car and having a good time. Anyone have an answer?Thanks!
Gene-C

Lone Pine ???

Post by Gene-C »

Well... Baja Bugs are definately not allowed on the Manx Club runs, HOWEVER, it doesn't matter to us at the annual North of Mojave Run. The next run is the 2nd weekend in March 2006 & we've had a Baja Bug at each of the runs for the last 3 years. We even had a Jeep & a Toyota 4X4 pickup this year, though we might have to ban Jeeps due to their extra slow pace! :laugh1: Maybe you'll have your Buggy finished by then. How much of a rebuild are you going to attempt??? :help: It's ALL Fun, Fun, Fun... ManxManiac
Gene-C

Lone Pine

Post by Gene-C »

I have a ground up project. It's my second manx colne build, the first one I built when I was 18, a car I never should have sold!, now I'm 30 and have rounded up another manx clone for round two! Hoping to get some fresh idea's for this build so I might just go and leave the blue conv. baja at home. Your in Ventura, are you going to Lone Pine? And have I seen you around?(what's your buggy look like?) I'm in Oak View, just up the hill from you, It would be cool to get togather to swap some idea's.:D
Gene-C

Lone Pine ???

Post by Gene-C »

Hey Ira, I'm always out running around, so there's a good possibility you have! :D Here's a photo of us in the buggy that was taken up at Morro Bay. http://members.aol.com/manxmaniac/MB1.jpg Email me... manxmaniac@aol.com & maybe we can meet up this weekend since we're not working. Have Fun, Fun, Fun... ManxManiac
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

Ira, ask around. Maybe someone going to Lone Pine has an open seat for you. Then you could come and have FUN, FUN, FUN with us even before you finish your buggy (makes for good incentive to finish your buggy to see all those buggies together!) :driving:
Gene-C

Lone Pine

Post by Gene-C »

Thanks Guy's, I'll leave the ha ha at home and hitch a ride on someone's back bumper!I think I have seen you buzing around VTA. Nice buggy! It sure looks like fun, can't wait to get mine on the road. Thank's again Bossman 5150 for the wheels and tires. It's a great start. Can't wait for this trip, I've been working to much.It's become one of those four letter words.W--K, I need to try to erase it out of my vocab. I think this trip would help.:D Ira Cornell
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

Just remember, that 4-letter word is what keeps most of us supplied with those vital buggy parts :laugh1: . If you are going to be there, be sure to secure a ride before you get there. Someone may still have an open seat you could hitch a ride with. :drinking:
Gene-C

Lone Pine Seats?

Post by Gene-C »

:help: Thank's 5150 bossman gor the reminder, so anyone with a available seat, I've got some small cheeks and alot of gas money to fill a spot if it's out there. Please let me know if anyone can help.Much appreciated fellow buggiers! Ira Cornell
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Ira, If I go I will have an extra seat. I'll let you know if I am going. Should have an anwser by Mon. the 3rd. Small cheeks? Ken T.
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

:eek: Remember Ken, we DO want him coming back, so take pitty on him if you do come down :help: . Ira, watch out for those water crossings! :crazy:
myspeedbuggie

Post by myspeedbuggie »

Hey,, Ken You hope you can come!! :hello:
Gene-C

Soggy seats?

Post by Gene-C »

Any seat is a good seat! Not to worry, I'll bring a wet suit if the water crossing looks to deep! Let me know if you can make the trip Ken. Thanks Ira.:D
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Has anyone gotten thier registraition form for the Lone Pine event? We are sitting here with "baited breath" (been eating worms again) waiting for it. Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)

Post by 1856 »

Nope .... not us :help:
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

Not yet... :( Getting a bit close now.... Just over two weeks to go. We WILL be there whether they send a flyer out or not. :D