#33 going in the shop (advice)

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
atinkle

Post by atinkle »

Allen where did you get your ?oil breather box/oil filler?? I normally end up spilling a pint of oil during oil changes. :help:
newmanx59

Post by newmanx59 »

That breather is sold by CB Performance.
allen pierce

Post by allen pierce »

And, you can find them at almost any after market VW place. Look in the DB&HVW's magazine. I got this one from Kustom 1 Warehouse.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

I baught my oil filter mount from Pete like the one pictured. He went one step further and made me one to fit the Meyers exaust without having to remove the preheat flange. It fit perfect and looks great too! I went on the Lone Pine thill seekers run with my Manxter and had no problem with it. I highly recommend getting one.
newmanx59

Post by newmanx59 »

[QUOTE="allen pierce"]And, you can find them at almost any after market VW place. Look in the DB&HVW's magazine. I got this one from Kustom 1 Warehouse.[/QUOTE] I guess I'm a little behind the times. I have been using this style breather for years and the only place they were available was from CB perf.. It seems as if someone must have started reproducing CB's breathers? :eek:
allen pierce

Post by allen pierce »

Yikes, Then, because I didn't have to machine the cover mounting surface, the 'clone' is better than the original? Wow, hard to believe. Or, more likely, I got lucky.
newmanx59

Post by newmanx59 »

Who knew!!
bountyhunterdm

Post by bountyhunterdm »

I too got mine from Pete but had it powder coated. It's seen here with the Gene Berg full flow set up and a System 1 oil filter. Image http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y190/bountydm/OIL5.jpg Image I have since pulled the lines away from the exhaust.
allen pierce

Post by allen pierce »

Dean, Are you going to plug up the end of your fan shroud heater outlets? That might direct more cooling air over the cyclinders. I was at first thinking you could use those rubber plumbing 'caps' with an aircraft clamp, but there's probably something better out there. I guess we're all members of the "Pete's Oil Filter Bracket Club". I'll make up some membership cards. :laugh1:
CairoManx

Post by CairoManx »

Go to an auto supply place and look at their freeze plugs. Get a pair the right diameter to slip inside the fresh air outlets. Secure them with a small pair of sheet metal screws
allen pierce

Post by allen pierce »

I knew there was better thinking out there. Nice solution.
bountyhunterdm

Post by bountyhunterdm »

Allen, I already got a set of freeze plugs but they didn't fit. So back I go to get the right ones. Measure twice buy once..
allen pierce

Post by allen pierce »

OK, you guys are on top of it.
FAKMANX

Post by FAKMANX »

You can use those rubber expandable freeze plugs that are no good for anything else, but perfect for this. Just slip them in and tighten the nut.