Moab, Utah Trip - For Kevin Beckey

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
allen pierce

Moab, Utah Trip - For Kevin Beckey

Post by allen pierce »

My internet friend, Kevin Beckey ("WyKev" on other buggy forums) went on a buggy trip to Moab, Utah, recently. He's currently not a Manx Club member, but he has been in the past and will probably be one again. Kev asked me to share the story and pics from the trip, so here ya go! Enjoy. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Well, after chasing fuel issues right up to Saturdays run, I got to say the Towd ran great. Especially since it had not run more than a mile on its own. 525 miles later. Our cabin. Image Nice view from the campground! Image Saturdays lineup, Jay and family, Kyle in my old buggy(He's made it Nice), Bill and Terry, Ron and Susie(?), Kev and Josh, Ron and Jeff, oh and Kyles son Cole on the quad. Image Then we ran to Gemini Bridges, partly because it was close if the Towd died. Did just fine, though. Image
allen pierce

Post by allen pierce »

My crew-Jeff, Me, son Josh, and Ron Image Those are quads down there. Image Since things were running well, we ran Bull canyon. This is about where those quads were Image And more of Bull Canyon Image Thats was Saturdays adventures. Sunday was a little more challenging. Hopefully, I will get that up later tonite.
allen pierce

Post by allen pierce »

On Sunday, Bill L and Terry had to leave early, so they missed this one. The rest of the group, plus a new addition, Robert in SLC or Tabby, got ready to run Hell's Revenge. Look it up on trail guides, it is rated 4 to 4.5 out of 5. :eek First thing, roberts buggy is Sweet!!! Rear view Image And Front Image The trail starts out on a narrow ridge that really is wide enough for a buggy, it just didn't feel like it! Then you drop down and climb this hill. Doesn't look steep, does it? Image
allen pierce

Post by allen pierce »

But it IS!!!!! Image I confess that I'm the only one that had a problem with this hill. My stock trans with 31s didn't pull as hard as I hoped and it stalled in the middle of the hill. Luckily, Kyle is an old hand at Moab and calmly talked me down. I was Not feeling real calm right then! I made it up the second time. What the pics don't show is there is a bump about halfway up. Apparently, I got all 4 off the ground when I hit it on my second pass. Don't think anyone caught it though. After you go up, ya gotta go down. Image Kinda pretty up there Image - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - OK, that's looks like a really great trip, doesn't it? I'm happy to help Kev out with the posting of this buggy trip for everyone over here on the Manx Club to enjoy.
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

THANKS Allen and Kevin for the :cool: pics.
subimanx

Post by subimanx »

Excellent !! Looks like you all had a ball......NEED MORE
dennis-and-cathy

Cool Pixs

Post by dennis-and-cathy »

Looks like you had a blast oh well next year :rock:
allen pierce

Post by allen pierce »

Here's some more from Kev... - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - More stuff- Just little splashers, nothing RBC worthy. If Kenny comes, we'll run Kane Creek. 40 to 50 water crossings, depends on the year!!! Here's a few more. Sunday group break Image Jay a little off camber Image Colorado River in the distance. Image Here's a spot where we did not go. Has vehicle damage written all over it. Image
allen pierce

Post by allen pierce »

And, some more... - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Just follow the tracks, pay no attention to those clouds over the mtns. Image See, we follow the rules, and the leader. Image Went into arches park on sunday. Heres balanced rock. Image And finally, a posed Towd. Image Hoping to see some folks from the west coast next time. Hint, Hint!!;)
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

Fantastic stuff! :rock: :rock: