cosmetic accessories

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
90volts

cosmetic accessories

Post by 90volts »

picked up headlights, taillights, turn signals. looking at clamp on mirrors but i was thinking about maybe bullet style? were these normal to see on a buggy in 60s/70s? what was commonly seen?did they have the clamp to the windshield types back then? it seems that the bullet may have been more common in europe- off an english car? Image has anyone gone with a dash mount rear view? i found this one but think it may be too low to be of use. just thought the look was nice. Image
CoKev

Post by CoKev »

The fender mount mirror is period correct, had one on mine. Unfortunately, you can't see much out of it. Same goes for the dash mount mirror. If you have any rake to your buggy, youll have a great view of the kids in back, but thats all. Just my 0.02
Reverb

Post by Reverb »

My buggy came with the bullet style mirrors mounted on the fenders. As stated previously, you can`t see anything out of them...but they look cool.
CairoManx

Post by CairoManx »

The aftermarket accessory type windshield mounted rearview mirror people used had a suction cup that held it to the glass. It was German and made by Talbot. Image Image
CairoManx

Post by CairoManx »

These are the mirrors B. F. Meyers & Co. sold: Image
Mvovr

Post by Mvovr »

I purchased my mirrors from Mooneyes. The rear view works great but the windshield mount is not so good. It looks nice though. http://www.mooneyesusa.com/index.asp?PageAction=PRODSEARCH&txtSearch=mirror&Page=1 I have the flamed oval side mount and the flames rear view.