Street Buggy spare parts & tools

The How-to guide for extended travel in your buggy. Share your tips, tools, extra parts, and equipment.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Ok we spend a lot of time talking about what tools and spare parts we take off road
but what about for you street buggy's?
 Besides a credit card or road side assistance card what spare parts do you carry on an extended trip

When I went to the Buggy Blast in Texas I got a smile when we had the customary break downs just were on the side of the road

I know once I lost my rear bearing and was lucky to carry the spare in the middle of nowhere
so I can see front & rear bearing kits
spark plugs and clutch & throttle cable
But I never really see a lot of goodies so what do you carry?
louisb

Post by louisb »

In a VW I tend to carry the following on a trip:

Fuses, points, rotor, cap, (actually a spare 009 already set up to drop in) spare tire or fix-a-flat, assorted tools, couple quarts o' earl, 1 gallon gas can preferably w/ gas (I once forgot the gas part of that equation, ended up walking home at 1 am through the woods), spark plugs, light bulbs, fan belt, small bottle jack, assorted wire, accelerator cable, clutch cable, duct tape, flash light, work gloves, cell phone and an American Distress gold card. Mostly just VW specific stuff that you may not be able to find when you break down in Resume Speed, Florida.

--louis