Manx II Restoration

How-to building, restoration, repairs, and fun with your authentic Manx!
Ed-Chenal

Manx II Restoration

Post by Ed-Chenal »

Looks good.

Thanks for posting pictures.
Ed
BuggyBob

Manx II Restoration

Post by BuggyBob »

nice job, sweet buggy.Keep the pictures coming.
rgreason

Manx II Restoration

Post by rgreason »

Hope you all are having a great summer.  Havin' a blast driving around in the Manx.  Running great, just a few minor things to button up (having seats reupholstered in front and rear).  Thank you for the kind comments.  Here are some mostly finalized pics.  -Ryan

ManxManiac

Manx II Restoration

Post by ManxManiac »

Ryan... your buggy is fantastically awesome!!! Great color & the buggy is simple & perfect!!! It's a breath of fresh air!!!
Let me explain further... I was at a car show awhile back & I was talking to several "hotrod" friends, when a really nice looking 50 Mercury came cruising in! As it passed by, one of the guys said, "Oh my God, a non-chopped top Mercury!" Before this Merc came in, about a dozen or so "chopped top" Mercs came in & they hardly even glanced at them! After this one got parked, we went over & checked out for quite awhile. You rarely see a Merc anymore that isn't chopped & while chopped Mercs do look awesome, seeing a stock bodied one was "quite refreshing"!

The same kinda holds true of f/g buggies!
While all buggies are great to look at & admire, the proliferation of mid/long travel suspension, Subaru etc. powered, higher dollar buggies has gotten a bit stale for me!

I prefer the lower dollar, super clean & simple f/g buggies, which nowadays, seem to be fewer & farther between!
ALL buggies are awesome, I just prefer the ones that adhere more towards the K.I.S.S. principle.

Your buggy should/could be the "poster buggy" for K.I.S.S.

You did great!!! Thank you for sharing!
Michael Cates
ManxManiac
Ventura, CA
Original Meyers Manx "Xena"
M1609C8S22
ManxRob

Manx II Restoration

Post by ManxRob »

Lovely buggy!

May I ask how you restored the manufactures tag?

I would like to do the same for my Tow’d .

Thanks

Rob

rgreason

Manx II Restoration

Post by rgreason »

Thank you all very much for the compliments.  Actually did not touch the tag other than new rivets and a little wax.  I was fortunate enough to have a manx where the tag didn't get too beat up over the 40+ years.  However those ones that show more aging and character are IMHO awesome!  Thanks again.