My Manx 2...

How-to building, restoration, repairs, and fun with your authentic Manx!
manxdavid

My Manx 2...

Post by manxdavid »

I just found a pic that someone took of me going into a VW show last weekend that I just thought I'd share, it's just a pity I wasn't smiling!!!

"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
DIESELDOOG

My Manx 2...

Post by DIESELDOOG »

Moved from build threads to the Manx Club Gallery
Ed-Chenal

My Manx 2...

Post by Ed-Chenal »

Thanks for the photo David.

It's OK. We all know that you're a funny guy at heart.
Ed
manxdavid

My Manx 2...

Post by manxdavid »

DIESELDOOG wrote:Moved from build threads to the Manx Club Gallery
Oooppps!!! Sorry...Image
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
Tom-Kathleen

My Manx 2...

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Give that man a "More Smiles per Miles" license plate surround, maybe that would cheer him up.  Although it would not fit his British plate.  Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
manxdavid

My Manx 2...

Post by manxdavid »

Tom Kathleen wrote:Give that man a "More Smiles per Miles" license plate surround, maybe that would cheer him up.  Although it would not fit his British plate.  Tom
In my defence I'm a cheap old guy and I'd just had to peel a £10 note (bill) out of my wallet (around $16) to get into the showground after a 'lively discusion' at the gate along the lines of 'you wouldn't be able to put on a car show without  show cars so why should we have to pay...???)...Image
towd-dude

My Manx 2...

Post by towd-dude »

Nice looking ride David. I too have been entering my cars (street rods) in shows over the years for a hefty fee. Just to spend the whole day looking at my trunk (ah, boot) just to make sure gurbby little hands wouldn't touch anything. Then just like you I thought this event wouldn't even happen if people like us didn't bring our cars. Often we would get a "Welcome Bag" full of advertising, funky key chains and stickers not even event related. So, now I go for free and get ideas from others work.....

Bob
manxdavid

My Manx 2...

Post by manxdavid »

towd dude wrote:Nice looking ride David. I too have been entering my cars (street rods) in shows over the years for a hefty fee. Just to spend the whole day looking at my trunk (ah, boot) just to make sure gurbby little hands wouldn't touch anything. Then just like you I thought this event wouldn't even happen if people like us didn't bring our cars. Often we would get a "Welcome Bag" full of advertising, funky key chains and stickers not even event related. So, now I go for free and get ideas from others work.....

Bob

You're more open minded and
benevolent than me then Bob, I spend a lot of time these days tutting
and shaking my head when I see often poor and sometimes downright
dangerous engineering practice hidden behind $1000's worth of chrome
plate and custom paint...Image

Last edited by manxdavid on Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BuggyBob

My Manx 2...

Post by BuggyBob »

While we are on the subject of car shows, I would like to say that when I bring my old school manx to a show, why do they stick there noses up in the air?

My Manx 2...

Post by 1856 »

Bob most folks stick their noses in the air to breath the fresh air in the artistic & creative nature of the Manx.
MnC
Last edited by 1856 on Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.