My number is up!! Could be a Signature/Classic Manx for sal

How-to building, restoration, repairs, and fun with your authentic Manx!
manxter26

Post by manxter26 »

Well I received my email from Winnie that my number, 26, is up and they are going to build my Kick-Out.  We've got to finalize the details but it will be an SS with side pods, rear cover and still working on the color.

My delimma here is that I have to many projects.  I still have Siggy Manx #26 and Manxter #26 sitting untouched along with an original Manx, Manx II and several beetle/ghia projects(and I'm going to look at a toad this afternoon).  The Signature Manx is what started the whole #26 thing.  It was just the number I received when I ordered it but have stuck with the number every since.  As much as I would like to keep it, it is way down the list of what I want to finish, and with #1 son in college, #2 approaching High School, it is probably the smart thing to do.  I'd like to see someone in the club continue the dream with this car.  I don't think the market for these is as good as it once was since you can now just call Winnie and Bruce and order a new Kick-Out, but I'm sure there are some out there that prefer the original style.

I'll probably get some pictures this weekend and post them on this board and probably Samba.  If any of you have or know anyone with some interest, let me know.  Thanks.

Jay
louisb

Post by louisb »

Cool! Be a shame to break the set up. To bad you didn't post this a month ago I would try to work out a deal for the Siggy.

--louis
Siggymanx33

Post by Siggymanx33 »

I know this is easier said then done.....keep it. 

Not many people have the whole set or the ability to get the whole set.
manxter26

Post by manxter26 »

Yeah, I still having issues with splitting them up. It isn't definite, but it makes sense. I keep gathering stuff thinking that I'll have plenty to work on when I retire, but that isn't anytime soon and knowing that every project is $10-15,000 or more on top of what I already have invested. My Manx II is just a rough shell and wouldn't be worth much and my original Manx has way to many family memories to ever get rid of. I sold the original car about 19 years ago and hunted for many years before I found it and bought it back. I'm not as attached to the Siggy but do know that I'll be kicking myself down the road if I do let it go. I've got a few more options to explore. Anybody know what the going rate for a kidney is on ebay?? :)

Jay
Siggymanx33

Post by Siggymanx33 »

Probably less than your Siggy badges.
manxter26

Post by manxter26 »

My liver maybe, but my kidney has to be worth more that that!!!!! I did get the body out of the back of the shop along with the Berrien chassis that it was sitting on. I've got the Siggy sitting on the trailer and hoping to wash the dust off tonite. I'm going to advertise the Berrien chassis and we'll see what happens with the Siggy. I thought that I had all of this figured out but did go look at the toad on fathers day. Now I'm trying to figure out how to make that work. I've contacted our insurance gal at work to see if I'm covered for some sort of therapy. :-)

Jay
dcamomanx

Post by dcamomanx »

Jay 

Tow'ds are great, they are so different than the manxs. We are getting used to the coziness. I think you should have one in the collection.Image
Here is ours
Doran

manxter26

Post by manxter26 »

Doran,

Your build is one of the reasons that I've been thinking about a toad again. Funny thing is, the first toad that I had was sold to Richard in Louisiana to pay for the Signature Manx. I'm still trying to convince my wife that we need to keep the Siggy along with the Kick-out and the toad. I'm going to call and make an offer on the toad this morning. This would put me at 8 buggies and the 911 that I bought last summer. But, I don't have a Harley, a boat, a snowmobile or a girlfriend(other than my wife), so I think I'm just about right.

Jay